Boiler cover

I’m with SSE and really need to change. Every few weeks the boiler pressure empties. There’s no leaks in the pipes or radiator system. The boiler keeps doing a pump over run and flushes the system out.

I keep telling them this and every time they just keep replacing the same valve. They won’t replace the faulty pump
Combi ?
Sounds like expansion vessel needs recharging

Think i pay about £23 a month but that covers everything not just boiler (water pipes inside and out, all electrics, drainage, plumbing, even pest infestations!) £50 excess with Homeserve, never had a problem with them coming out within hours and sorting stuff.

Think i pay about £23 a month but that covers everything not just boiler (water pipes inside and out, all electrics, drainage, plumbing, even pest infestations!) £50 excess with Homeserve, never had a problem with them coming out within hours and sorting stuff.
Just had a look on their website for this cover but can't find anything. I work away so make sense of getting something that covers everything.

Just had a look on their website for this cover but can't find anything. I work away so make sense of getting something that covers everything.

You can get the pipe cover for 50p a month. The boiler cover for about a fiver. Electrics for a £1. I wouldn't buy them combined.

You can see the water pissing out of the overflow pipe. I’ve actually videoed it last time to show them.
Next time Heating has been on a while check the pressure gauge on the boiler
Should be somewhere near 2 bar
If it’s reading near or around 3 bar then it’s more than likely the vessel
Could be the prv passing but more likely the vessel

Apologies for hijacking the thread but need some advice too. My combi boiler has boiler aids. The radiators work fine as does the kitchen hot tap (next to boiler). The bath hot tap though just runs luke warm but the hot tap in the sink works fine.

Any ideas about what could be causing it and cost to fix??

@Daffy

Apologies for hijacking the thread but need some advice too. My combi boiler has boiler aids. The radiators work fine as does the kitchen hot tap (next to boiler). The bath hot tap though just runs luke warm but the hot tap in the sink works fine.

@Daffy
Sounds like there’s a better flow rate to your bath tap
Try turning the tap down a bit to reduce the flow of water - this will give the boiler a better chance of heating the incoming cold
This time of year the incoming cold temperature is much lower - around 5degrees c

Try turning the tap down a bit to reduce the flow of water - this will give the boiler a better chance of heating the incoming cold
This time of year the incoming cold temperature is much lower - around 5degrees c

Another one.

Boiler pressure drops to zero after 2 days unless I top it up. Been serviced recently and had a few repairs, all by British Gas.

Previous owner said the boiler has done this for years and they never had it serviced.

Boiler is nearly 8 year old. Is it goosed?

Another one.

Boiler pressure drops to zero after 2 days unless I top it up. Been serviced recently and had a few repairs, all by British Gas.

Previous owner said the boiler has done this for years and they never had it serviced.

Boiler is nearly 8 year old. Is it goosed?

Could be one of several things iirc.

First thing you can try isolating the boiler from the rads to see if it still happens, if it does, you know it's not a leak in the radiator system. If it doesn't do it once it's isolated then you know it's the boiler. Then it could be the expansion vessel, a valve thingy, or boiler AIDS.

Cheers mate I’ll give that a go

Could be one of several things iirc.

First thing you can try isolating the boiler from the rads to see if it still happens, if it does, you know it's not a leak in the radiator system. If it doesn't do it once it's isolated then you know it's the boiler. Then it could be the expansion vessel, a valve thingy, or boiler AIDS.

Probably boiler aids.

@Daffy
Sounds similar to mine. Only started happening the last 6 months. I used to have hot bath tap on to fill the bath then run cold for 15 secs to getit just right.

Now tap on full is barley warm, there's a sweet spot just near to when you turn it on to get piping hot, a couple of degree to far or not far enough and I only get lukewarm.

My combi isn't pressurised an is fed from a small tank in the loft

Back