Boiler cover

you ever had to actually use them for anything though? great on paper but useless if you need to call them out I've been told by multiple people

British Gas are class, just tell them you have a medical condition and they come out straight away.

Another one.

Boiler pressure drops to zero after 2 days unless I top it up. Been serviced recently and had a few repairs, all by British Gas.

Previous owner said the boiler has done this for years and they never had it serviced.

Boiler is nearly 8 year old. Is it goosed?
Does the pipe outside drip ( 15 mm copper pipe ) ?
Check the pressure gauge after Heating has been working for an hour - if it’s creeping towards 3 bar , expansion vessel issue
If none of above more likely a leak on the pipe work to radiators etc

Shocked at how much people pay a month like for boiler cover .Isnt it cheaper to just pay to get it replaced every 8/10 year ??

Shocked at how much people pay a month like for boiler cover .Isnt it cheaper to just pay to get it replaced every 8/10 year ??

No. £5 per month after three years..

£60 X 7 or 9

Do the math. ;)

Or keep the money towards a repair. Margins are slim in insurance so take your chances.

Does the pipe outside drip ( 15 mm copper pipe ) ?
Check the pressure gauge after Heating has been working for an hour - if it’s creeping towards 3 bar , expansion vessel issue
If none of above more likely a leak on the pipe work to radiators etc

Was away at the weekend so I haven't had a chance to check the pipe yet but will do tonight.

After I've topped the pressure up to 1 and the heating comes on the pressure goes up to 2/3 so I guess that means it is an expansion vessel issue?

Not necessarily Gilly.

Bought a new gaff in July last year, had British Gas out five times since then for a service and various repairs. Total cost to me to date is £176, also got £100 off the Hive central heating system as well.

Last edited:

Back