Bohemian FC New Away Jersey - Refugees Welcome

They did. There were signs in lodging houses saying ‘No dogs, no blacks, no Irish’ in the UK and the Irish were also seen as the underclass in the USA at the time of mass emigration.

There were riots protesting against the influx of Irish in some American cities and the Know Nothing Party stripped Irish people of prominent roles in cities where they gained power.

Love a bit of social history me, and you might be being ironic. :)
I was. Plenty of Irish people had to leave home and start new lives. A lot weren't welcomed and had the same treatment as the modern refugees. So we should be sympathetic towards them.

Just for balance the Irish were welcomed by some in those countries too.

I was. Plenty of Irish people had to leave home and start new lives. A lot weren't welcomed and had the same treatment as the modern refugees. So we should be sympathetic towards them.

Just for balance the Irish were welcomed by some in those countries too.

Agreed mate. Was in Dublin last week and had an interesting time at the Emigration museum and the Jeannie Johnston boat. Have been to Ellis Island in the past (look at me etc) so good to get both ends of the tale.

Virtue signalling is what you're looking for

Unless whoever made this decision are actually making efforts to house refugees in which case good luck to them

Are the club actually doing something about it or just sticking it on their shirt?
What would you like them to do? What have SAFC and Charlton done for Children with Cancer? What did Barca do for UNICEF?

I imagine all the of the above have used their shirts to raise awareness and highlight issue.

Back