Blue badges

Defeats the object of there being a disabled toilet.

Only an absolute prick would use it, rather than just wait for a normal toilet to become available imo.
It depends on the intention of the toilet being there. It’s UK law for public places to provide an accessible toilet. It’s not illegal to use an accessible toilet if you are able bodied.

I’ve been told to use disabled toilets on several occasions on customer sites.

It depends on the intention of the toilet being there. It’s UK law for public places to provide an accessible toilet. It’s not illegal to use an accessible toilet if you are able bodied.

If you've been told by the establishment you are in, fair enough but that wasn't what you said in the post i quoted.

We have a disabled toilet at work. I dare say it will be fine using it at 4 in the morning when the chances of a disabled person requiring it are nil. If no one in your office was disabled and the likelihood of disabled visitors is slim then happy days. I think the beef is with the twats who use disabled facilities in public places when they're more than capable of using the regular bogs...
Agreed and thanks for the civil response.

@becs I totally forgot to tell you about my last experience in a disabled loo.

Was at a service station on the A1, waiting outside the disabled loo that (of course) was also the baby changing. The person inside was taking f***ing ages and the kids were starting to whinge.

Eventually, the door opens, an almighty waft if disgusting shitey smell seeps out and a very sheepish looking Steven f***ing Taylor creeps out without even an apology for having a massive smelly dump in the disabled/baby changing.

(Googled later and he’s at Peterborough now and they were playing Blackpool, the team bus was outside)

I wasn’t quick enough to make my objections known and call him a smelly mag, but I was livid.

Steven Taylor’s shite f***ing stinks and he uses disabled loos.
Early post of the year contender :lol:

It's not illegal to use disabled parking bay in a residential street either. It's about what is right and wrong morally not under the eyes of the law.

I genuinely hope you have never been or never will be in the situation where you have to rely on being able to use a disabled toilet. Best wishes

It's not illegal to use disabled parking bay in a residential street either. It's about what is right and wrong morally not under the eyes of the law.

I genuinely hope you have never been or never will be in the situation where you have to rely on being able to use a disabled toilet. Best wishes
Thanks.

Does anyone use their parents or grandparents blue badges when they go somewhere that’s a chew on for parking?
Thousands do, that's the problem.

From a 2010 newspaper article:
"
In Leeds, a city council investigation found over 60 per cent of badges were being misused, while in Newcastle, officials estimate that "more than half" of the 4,000 blue badges in issue are being used illegally.

In Edinburgh, officials think the problem is even worse, with 70 per cent of badges being misused.

The scams include using a disabled relative's badge without their knowledge, keeping a disabled relative's badge after they have died, and photocopying or using stolen or forged badges.

Nationwide, around 2.5 million blue badges are in issue, suggesting that the number being used fraudulently may be in excess of a million.
"

When I used to drive my dear departed 100 yr old wheelchair-dependent Gran, it used take ages to find an empty on-street place. The number of blatantly not disabled, usually fatties, we saw used to boil my piss.

Saying that, I would never challenge anyone, because you can not be sure, it's up to the authorities to deal with it.

I think it is illegal for a non disabled driver to park in a disabled bay on a residential street ? The disabled bays are open to anyone with a blue badge , which can cause issues if someone arranged one at their home which is subsequently overtaken by another B.B. holder

I think it is illegal for a non disabled driver to park in a disabled bay on a residential street ? The disabled bays are open to anyone with a blue badge , which can cause issues if someone arranged one at their home which is subsequently overtaken by another B.B. holder
Aye that’s it.

it looks as though the disabled parking bays are designated by the council as such and will have a sign to indicate that. These will have gone through the proper council procedure for restriction instructions.

Google Maps

the ones done outside people homes (the ad-hoc ones where people complain about others parking outside their house) do not have such a sign and I presume that the parking restrictions will not apply

Google Maps

it looks as though the disabled parking bays are designated by the council as such and will have a sign to indicate that. These will have gone through the proper council procedure for restriction instructions.

Google Maps

the ones done outside people homes (the ad-hoc ones where people complain about others parking outside their house) do not have such a sign and I presume that the parking restrictions will not apply

Google Maps

Yep you’re right the ones with just road markings are ‘advisory’ so non enforceable if a non blue badge holder uses it - suppose they rely on common decency and people leaving it free for those who have a need to use it (and assessed as such)

They are not so easy to get now as a few yrs ago.
It seemed almost like they were handing them out in cornflake packets at one time.

Here in Spain the locals got to thinking that the U.K. must be a very sick nation, as they are far from common amongst their own folk.

I get sick of people complaining about this. My sister has fibromyalgia and has one. On a good day if she isn't in pain and manages to go to the shops she uses it. And there are plenty of morons who feel the need to comment about what they perceive to be her lack of a disability. Absolute gobshites.
This, my wife has fibromyila as well, some days she can walk, some days she can not get out of bed.

Yep you’re right the ones with just road markings are ‘advisory’ so non enforceable if a non blue badge holder uses it - suppose they rely on common decency and people leaving it free for those who have a need to use it (and assessed as such)
Yes that's it. Relies on people's good will. Although some on here would use them as they're 'Just going to be a minute' and aren't enforceable by law. As long as they don't have too walk too far though that's what is important for them, we can't have that

Yes that's it. Relies on people's good will. Although some on here would use them as they're 'Just going to be a minute' and aren't enforceable by law. As long as they don't have too walk too far though that's what is important for them, we can't have that

I’ve used disabled bays outside supermarkets and the like before I had a badge , I kept a note in the glove box which explained my ‘predicament’ and that I would be back ASAP - not sure it was ever read by a warden but never had any issues or tickets and only did it when I had zero time to walk further

No problem with anyone using a disabled loo but if there's a queue then the disabled person who can't use the other bog gets in next.

Queuing is a way a life for us man, we do it better than anyone.

You, no you...

If you are perfect fly able to walk back and forwards to your car from a proper car parking bay and round town shopping you don't need a blue badge for FREE parking
I see people parking down the bottom of grey street and walking up into Newcastle city centre and round the shops all days yet claiming they are disabled and need free parking
It is not FREE everywhere to park, even with a badge.

Ignorance on the subject, blowing things out of proportion, but it's will be gladly read on here, by our resident posters

Most car parks are not free for Blue Badge holders. They just allow you to park in the disabled bays.
This will be ignored, but is absolutely correct.

Yet again, a thread to have a go at people at the bottom. We can all play, I seen someone do this and that, but that is not the whole story.

Some on here lap it up though. The actively spout this sort of stuff, to get a cheap rise out of genuine people.

They make me pity them, as by God, if anything slightly impacts them, the howls come long and loud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back