Blue badges

the most openly abused benefit around
Good Friday was sitting in the car outside of st Marys church waiting for wife who had run round to m and s
Yes I had paid for my ticket
of the 3 cars parked in the bay's and 4 cars parked in the loading bay and disabled bays there was only one person who looked anywhere near disabled an old guy trying to walk with sticks
One women got out of the car and ran across the road to avoid a bus coming down fawcett street
Everyone of them fraudsters
Most are using them as free parking and relying on people been too afraid or embarrassed to challenge them
Today in morrisons bloke and wife and kid who had obviously been walking on the beach dodged in front of me and all three climbed that small wall up into the car park and got into a car with blue badge being displayed
Government needs to think this one through again as it openly and blatantly abused

others with valid reasons for using blue badges should be doing their bit and challenging the fraudsters as they are giving the genuine users a bad name

the most openly abused benefit around
Good Friday was sitting in the car outside of st Marys church waiting for wife who had run round to m and s
Yes I had paid for my ticket
of the 3 cars parked in the bay's and 4 cars parked in the loading bay and disabled bays there was only one person who looked anywhere near disabled an old guy trying to walk with sticks
One women got out of the car and ran across the road to avoid a bus coming down fawcett street
Everyone of them fraudsters
Most are using them as free parking and relying on people been too afraid or embarrassed to challenge them
Today in morrisons bloke and wife and kid who had obviously been walking on the beach dodged in front of me and all three climbed that small wall up into the car park and got into a car with blue badge being displayed
Government needs to think this one through again as it openly and blatantly abused

others with valid reasons for using blue badges should be doing their bit and challenging the fraudsters as they are giving the genuine users a bad name
The world is corrupt mate, don’t single out the disabled.

Yeah but you haven’t got sticks so you’re not “proper disabled” :rolleyes:
If you are perfect fly able to walk back and forwards to your car from a proper car parking bay and round town shopping you don't need a blue badge for FREE parking
I see people parking down the bottom of grey street and walking up into Newcastle city centre and round the shops all days yet claiming they are disabled and need free parking

Blue badges should be means tested. Fair enough make parking as close to entrances as possible but why free for all? I've worked with a few people who've legitimately qualified for a blue badge due to disability but were earning in excess of £50k. Why should they park for free? Especially in this day and age with contactless payments, etc.

My dad who is 75 and since suffering a stroke is a badge holder, will drive to the local supermarket and if he's not getting out whilst Ma Leg goes shopping he'll park in a normal bay.

The blue badge scheme is really abused.

If you are perfect fly able to walk back and forwards to your car from a proper car parking bay and round town shopping you don't need a blue badge for FREE parking
I see people parking down the bottom of grey street and walking up into Newcastle city centre and round the shops all days yet claiming they are disabled and need free parking

Most car parks are not free for Blue Badge holders. They just allow you to park in the disabled bays.

My mam is severely visually impaired, which is the current day equivalent of registered as blind. She doesn't want a guide dog, doesn't need to wear dark glasses, has a white stick but mostly doesn't need it but finds the disabled parking badge (with my dad driving) to be a massive help. She's adapted to her circumstances so well that you probably wouldn't notice that she has has sight issues... so, putting it as mildly as I can, give it a rest, you selfish arsehole!

I get sick of people complaining about this. My sister has fibromyalgia and has one. On a good day if she isn't in pain and manages to go to the shops she uses it. And there are plenty of morons who feel the need to comment about what they perceive to be her lack of a disability. Absolute gobshites.

My wife has had fibromyalgia for over 20 years so I know what you mean. The problem is that you sister will be limited how far she can walk even with crutches and if the pain sets in because she has to walk too far then she will be stranded. So limiting how far she needs to walk is essential. People can't see pain.

Back