Bloody dross!!! What would you pay for good work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the defence of the realm stuff saying how wonderfl it is has gone a bit overboard now like :lol:

Should have got Andy 'yer can fck off if you think you've got any rights to these fckers'

Taking me out of context there like... I would allow them to use the pics, but wouldn't ask them before using them on my business cards :D

Taking me out of context there like... I would allow them to use the pics, but wouldn't ask them before using them on my business cards :D
You'd have been asking if she was up to glamour shots yet

Euughh not so soon after popping out a sprog mate... I'm not that sick :D

I feel your pain Andy. That link you sent me was a prime example of utter utter shite, and they had hundreds of rave reviews :eek:

I feel your pain Andy. That link you sent me was a prime example of utter utter shite, and they had hundreds of rave reviews :eek:

I found worse today mate! Similar prices too. Happy customers though... it's bloody bizarre!

I found worse today mate! Similar prices too. Happy customers though... it's bloody bizarre!
It's a strange one like. I mean, I just don't understand how people can be impressed the quality of their work.

One of their shots was of a small kid (chav type, bless him...) that they'd converted to B&W and attempted to restore the colour in his t-shirt. All good and well but they'd used the brush and went half way up his arm as well :lol:

Bet they're right slobs mind.

pm please

It would be unprofessional of me... also your inbox is full ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1377091146][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's a strange one like. I mean, I just don't understand how people can be impressed the quality of their work.

One of their shots was of a small kid (chav type, bless him...) that they'd converted to B&W and attempted to restore the colour in his t-shirt. All good and well but they'd used the brush and went half way up his arm as well :lol:

Bet they're right slobs mind.

Best pic was in one of the 'wedding album' links and they'd done a B&W conversion but everything was grey, and then done selective colouring on certain bits of the bride and groom and it made them look like zombies :D

It would be unprofessional of me... also your inbox is full ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1377091146][/DOUBLEPOST]

Best pic was in one of the 'wedding album' links and they'd done a B&W conversion but everything was grey, and then done selective colouring on certain bits of the bride and groom and it made them look like zombies :D

free'd now

I think the trouble is people see a package price, then shop around to get something cheaper. They don't look at the crap photos - they're just happy at saving £2-300 to spend on beer and tabs. As long as you have a big camera and a bigger lens you're sorted!

free'd now

Still doesn't mean I'm going to PM them to you... would be highly unprofessional :rolleyes:[DOUBLEPOST=1377092043][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think the trouble is people see a package price, then shop around to get something cheaper. They don't look at the crap photos - they're just happy at saving £2-300 to spend on beer and tabs. As long as you have a big camera and a bigger lens you're sorted!

Yep defo! Silly fools!

Playing devils advocate a bit here, but that is what business is about.

I do lower quality stuff than I used to, albeit at cheaper prices. It hurts me a bit, but I have happy customers and more of them.

Sometimes we can be over-critical of what we do and the average customer really doesn't care.

The other side, of course is that it is more satisfying to do a better job.

Playing devils advocate a bit here, but that is what business is about.

I do lower quality stuff than I used to, albeit at cheaper prices. It hurts me a bit, but I have happy customers and more of them.

Sometimes we can be over-critical of what we do and the average customer really doesn't care.

The other side, of course is that it is more satisfying to do a better job.

There's a few togs around that IMO produce 'ok' work... it's neither amazing nor horrible. They have a decent graps of the basics and can create a reasonable image. I don't have problem with them, IMO they are 'competant' and have done enough to warrant charging for their services. It's the uber shocking shit I see that I have the problem with... I appreciate anyone can do what they like but they wouldn't get away with you taking your car to a garage and some mum walks out the office, picks up the little screw drivers she got in her xmas cracker and starts taking apart your engine :lol:

Have you seen some of the "mechanics" that the main dealers use?

As ICBYD angled at earlier, if you are happy with your own work and have happy customers, stop worrying about the rest and just get on with it and take pride in what you do.

Yep andy, like Rog said, you are a massive fanny, get on with your life ;)

Have you seen some of the "mechanics" that the main dealers use?

As ICBYD angled at earlier, if you are happy with your own work and have happy customers, stop worrying about the rest and just get on with it and take pride in what you do.

True but I just keep seeing such god awful stuff it's winding me up :D

Aye I'll keep doing what I'm doing and in a few years hopefully they'll not be around and I'll be driving a Jag ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back