Blade Runner 2049 Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. Just booked my ticket as I'm off Thursday afternoon - no one else can make it, so me, on me tod at the Tyneside with a glass of wine. Sorted. :lol:

Well if that wasn't an open invitation to all the SMB singletons, pervs, saddos and sociopaths to gan down and meet up with SoS then aa dinner what is.

@tunstall birdman looks like you missed out again marra.

Eeh aa dinnar! If I was single and local I'd have been reet owwa there SoS!

Well if that wasn't an open invitation to all the SMB singletons, pervs, saddos and sociopaths to gan down and meet up with SoS then aa dinner what is.

@tunstall birdman looks like you missed out again marra.

Eeh aa dinnar! If I was single and local I'd have been reet owwa there SoS!
:lol: There was only me and 2 obviously sci-fi geeks in the Tyneside circle. Wonder who they are on here? :lol:
I had the whole row to myself. Brilliant. Desperate for a pee by the end, mind - long film. :)

Didn't see this posted, but Villenueve commissioned three short films to help fill in the gaps between the original and this film.
Worth a look from a fans perspective

I know there are 3 main versions - I prefer the one without the voice-over. I know that the final cut is supposedly truest to Scott's vision - but was the voice-over reinstated for this version?

No. Basically the "Director's Cut" came about because at a film festival in 1990, a version of the film was somehow shown that wasn't the "original" cinema release version. It was a copy of Sir Ridley's *actual* original cut that didn't have the voiceover or the tacked-on happy ending, and reinstated the unicorn dream sequence. Everyone loved it because it was more like the original intention of the film and solved the problems of the release version. Only thing was, it was an unfinished cut so no title sequences and some of the edits were a bit basic.

A film restorer was commissioned to do a releasable cut of this version because of the positive response which they called the director's cut. But while it was much more like Scott's original vision and he approved it, he didn't actually do it himself.

This gave the film a whole new life and eventually (2007 springs to mind?) Scott got round to doing his version, where he supervised it, made all the final choices on scenes in and out, and fixed a few bits of special effects and things that weren't spot on (the Zhora window stunt originally you could see it was a male stuntman so he fixed that with CG, and he got Harrison Ford's son to film some insert shots to fix some stunt scenes of Deckard." This is the Final Cut and there's definitely no voiceover as this was forced on Scott and Ford who hated it.

Final Cut is the definitive version. I never watched the voiceover release version again once Director's Cut came out and I never watched any other version once Final Cut came out.

Yes I am a complete geek about this film, surpassed only by perhaps @mini-x2

Didn't see this posted, but Villenueve commissioned three short films to help fill in the gaps between the original and this film.
I'll have a watch of that later. I have to say, though, I was underwhelmed by Jared Leto.

No. Basically the "Director's Cut" came about because at a film festival in 1990, a version of the film was somehow shown that wasn't the "original" cinema release version. It was a copy of Sir Ridley's *actual* original cut that didn't have the voiceover or the tacked-on happy ending, and reinstated the unicorn dream sequence. Everyone loved it because it was more like the original intention of the film and solved the problems of the release version. Only thing was, it was an unfinished cut so no title sequences and some of the edits were a bit basic.

A film restorer was commissioned to do a releasable cut of this version because of the positive response which they called the director's cut. But while it was much more like Scott's original vision and he approved it, he didn't actually do it himself.

This gave the film a whole new life and eventually (2007 springs to mind?) Scott got round to doing his version, where he supervised it, made all the final choices on scenes in and out, and fixed a few bits of special effects and things that weren't spot on (the Zhora window stunt originally you could see it was a male stuntman so he fixed that with CG, and he got Harrison Ford's son to film some insert shots to fix some stunt scenes of Deckard." This is the Final Cut and there's definitely no voiceover as this was forced on Scott and Ford who hated it.

Final Cut is the definitive version. I never watched the voiceover release version again once Director's Cut came out and I never watched any other version once Final Cut came out.

But, but - I don't like the voice-over. So that means I prefer the second one... I think! :)

Just re-read that. No voice over then? God I'm confusing myself here. Anyway, I hope you enjoy 2049.

Last edited:
I'll have a watch of that later. I have to say, though, I was underwhelmed by Jared Leto.

But, but - I don't like the voice-over. So that means I prefer the second one... I think! :)

Just re-read that. No voice over then? God I'm confusing myself here. Anyway, I hope you enjoy 2049.

Sorry, the short answer is no voice-over in the Final Cut. The only version that has voice-over is the 1982 release version which is simply replaced now. Second version has been replaced by Final Cut, those two version are more or less the same, just the last version is everything sorted out and tidied up.

I think you at least need to read a synopsis as it links to the original.

I thought it was excellent - just seen it. Nicest Thurs afternoon in a long time. It looks fabulous, Ryan was great and Harrison makes an impact too. I'm sure everyone on here will like Ryan's virtual girlfriend too. :lol:
From what I've seen, it looks visually stunning. I'm booked in to see it on Tuesday.

I've got the Blu Ray, with all the versions on. Final Cut is the best version of an amazing film.

Enjoyed them

Just for fun, here's a really nice performance of some of the music from the original

Plus the magnificent end title music

And here's what they've done for the new one

Last edited:
Jolly good stuff there CM.
My two most played albums according to itunes are the Bladerunner soundtrack by Vangelis and Les Revenants soundtrack by Mogwai. Both used as morning commute background music from the phone.

All the Bladerunner geeks say they hate the voice over.

I don't mind it. It was supposed to be transposing a film noir Philip Marlowe type feel into the 21st century with that first-person voiceover and I love those old fillums where the (anti) hero wears a trench coat and it's always raining in LA. "She gave me a look that would make a bishop kick out a stained glass window"

"They don't advertise for killers in newspapers.
That's what my profession was.
Ex killer
Ex cop
Ex Bladerunner"

What's not to like about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back