Blade Runner 2049 Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Gosling? I'm in...of course I'm in! But not until October?

I'm generally not keen on sequels or remakes but that looks good. And when you think of how much the original Blade Runner influenced cinema and popular culture, I'm hoping this doesn't disappoint.

Looking forward to this. Bit more after watching Sicario and knowing it's the same director, some cracking camera shots in that film. Loved that massive Atari symbol as well, nice touch.

Looking forward to this. Bit more after watching Sicario and knowing it's the same director, some cracking camera shots in that film. Loved that massive Atari symbol as well, nice touch.
I hope the pure artistry of sound and the feel and ambience this portrayed is put into the new one and is just as brilliant?

For example, this scene and especially so from 2.28 seconds onwards. Absolute masterpiece of sound, voice, content and music!!

I'm looking forward to this but I doubt it can create the sense of awe and amazement that the first film had when I first watched it.

A little bit concerned that an actor of Ryan Goslings limited ability has such an important role. Well, important to me anyway

I'll see it but I'll be amazed if it's anything other than a complete disaster that should never have been made in the same vein as Prometheus.

Ffs are you on a retainer for mentioning Prometheus? It's like 10 posts a day :lol:
It's the film that opened my eyes to how f***ing shite modern cinema is, especially when rebooting beloved series. It was just so woefully poor and a stain on a film franchise I loved that it stuck in the craw. Still does today. :lol:

I'm looking forward to this but I doubt it can create the sense of awe and amazement that the first film had when I first watched it.

A little bit concerned that an actor of Ryan Goslings limited ability has such an important role. Well, important to me anyway
Never thought I'd be willing to fight for another mans honour, but say another word about Gosling and I will drag you out and beat you like a rented mule.

Limited ability? The bloke has been oscar nominated for Half Nelson. He does quite a few varied roles - not just mean and moody.

Yeah - watch out - I'm possibly his number one fan. Be afraid. :lol::lol:

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a fillum as much in my life........I just hope it's better than Prometheus and Godfather III.
Found my toy replica "Spinners" at the weekend. Unfortunately the plastic packaging is damaged now. Probably halved their value. May have a read of my full set of comics in anticipation. Retread the follow up books by KWJeter a few months back.......fortunately they're not using them as source material for the fillum.
Yes I am old enuff to know better.

I hope the pure artistry of sound and the feel and ambience this portrayed is put into the new one and is just as brilliant?

For example, this scene and especially so from 2.28 seconds onwards. Absolute masterpiece of sound, voice, content and music!!

Not sure you can capture the classic sound of Vangelis and I don't think you'll end up with a shit copy of it either. From Johannsson, lad who is doing the music who also did Arrival.

Obviously, Vangelis’ music played a huge part in creating that world, and Vangelis’ score to Blade Runner is one of my all-time favorites. It was a huge part of why that film is so strong, so yes, it’s something that I’m very aware of, but as I said, this is a sequel, not a remake, so we’re doing something that exists in the world but is new as well.

http://www.slashfilm.com/johann-johannsson-on-the-challenges-of-scoring-blade-runner-2049/

I think visually it will be stunning. Trailer suggests that to me and that Villenueve who is directing it is the only director who has reminded me of Tarkovsky with some of his shots, especially the bit where they take off from the airport in Sicario. Really reminded me of Solaris. (Not the Clooney remake, the original)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back