Billy Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't mind if we lose others due to being firm on wages but Sharp is surely a known commodity that we could essentially just pay him the Championship wages from the start knowing with his goals our chance is massively increased of going up first time of asking. Obvious caveat being if he's not taking the absolute piss.
As long as this is the exception and not the rule

I agree, I just hope there's money left for defenders if we do because it's not use scoring goals if we can't keep them out

Too true, 2 first choice centre backs are vital, bigger the better

We looked on in a lot of matches last year, neat and tidy, but so so bad in both boxes

Any money we spent should be in those areas.

ALS are saying he's keen on the move, but without any sources linked.
Nixon saying it's possible but his wages are high and it would be a very expensive deal.

Personally I think it's one that won't have legs until one or more of N'Dong, Kone, Oviedo & Djilibodji are gone. Wyke and Eisa more likely. Dream signing though for this league

I know giving out silly wages is part of what has us in this mess in the first place, but if I were the owners I’d be tempted to go all out to get Sharp regardless.

It’s as close to a guaranteed 20 goals in this league as you’re going to get.

I know giving out silly wages is part of what has us in this mess in the first place, but if I were the owners I’d be tempted to go all out to get Sharp regardless.

It’s as close to a guaranteed 20 goals in this league as you’re going to get.

Isn't he 32 though? Not that i'm suggesting that we wouldn't do the business but if by what they said when the owners came on board, getting a 24 year old Sudanese lad with potential might be where the money is more likely to go... Great to have all 3 of those though, with Maja..

ALS reckon Sharp wants to join us

Before I get abused for this let me just say that I would cream my pants if we signed Sharp.

Sharp was interviewed last week where he said he has one year left on his contract and hopes to sign an extension. He went in to say that he won’t play for another English club. Supposedly, he has had offers the last couples of years from the MLS (according to a Blades fan I know) and their fans expect him to go there at the end of this season.

Good player but super high wages and very much against the model that the new owners want to implement. 32 years old and will want a 2 or 3 year deal on massive wages. Be a strange one TBH.

Got a text today from a lad who knows Mbappe saying that Giroud wants to come here. Also said Mbappe was looking to sign at one point but wages were an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back