Billy Sharp

Sunderland are ready to push the boat out in order to sign Billy Sharp, who met with Sheffield United yesterday in order to discuss his uncertain future at the club. Sunderland are sat waiting in the wings to hear the outcome of Billy Sharp’s meeting with Sheffield United yesterday, in which the proven League One scorer met with his club in order...

More at Roker Report...

He said he can’t see himself playing for another English club - not that he won’t.

I know I’m sounding quite pedantic here but the two statements are fairly different.

You’re right, though would be a big shift in his thinking in just a week. I took it as a pointer to the fact that his next contract will be in the MLS which has been rumoured in the press.

What does seem apparent is that we’re becoming more wise in our transfer dealings and negotiations;that’s good to see. I’m optimistic we’re making progress as a club on this front and,as you say,we shall see. Our owner appears to be a hands on good negotiator-we have lacked that for many,many years.
He brought Richard Hill in to negotiate for us, hopefully between them they're pulling together deals that work for us more than the last few years.

Ched Evans out to Fleetwood on loan. That means SUFC now only have two strikers in their squad, Sharp and Clarke. Wilder said he’s looking for two more to complement Sharp and Clarke.

Don’t anyone get their hopes up on this one. We will only be disappointed with who we do end up signing.

Owt else on Sharp since the link was revealed last week?

Despite the links to Wyke and co, I have to say I can't help but feel disappointed if we don't land Sharp now. :lol:

I'd have never believed we had a chance of getting him before the owner told Roker Report about it.

His record at League One level is, quite frankly, ridiculous:

21 goals in 44
30 goals in 46

:eek:

The one player I really want us to sign.

The ultimate no-brainer signing, goals win you games and this guy delivers

Ched Evans out to Fleetwood on loan. That means SUFC now only have two strikers in their squad, Sharp and Clarke. Wilder said he’s looking for two more to complement Sharp and Clarke.

Don’t anyone get their hopes up on this one. We will only be disappointed with who we do end up signing.
Clarke will toss it off there.

If there was ever a player that was a 20 game wonder then it's him

He brought Richard Hill in to negotiate for us, hopefully between them they're pulling together deals that work for us more than the last few years.

There’s been a tangible change in approach,so it’s good to see one of the glaring failures of SAFC in the last ten years is being addressed.

Clarke will toss it off there.

If there was ever a player that was a 20 game wonder then it's him

Haha, probably. Although he was one of the best strikers last year in the Championship. I’d have him here over Sharp everyday of the week! Much more mobile and bigger than Sharp. Sharp, however seems to be one of those players that knows his strengths and plays to them. A player that always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

ALS are saying he's keen on the move, but without any sources linked.
Nixon saying it's possible but his wages are high and it would be a very expensive deal.

Personally I think it's one that won't have legs until one or more of N'Dong, Kone, Oviedo & Djilibodji are gone. Wyke and Eisa more likely. Dream signing though for this league
We need 2 or 3 more strikers regardless of whether that shower stay or go.

Back