Billy Sharp

Owt else on Sharp since the link was revealed last week?

Despite the links to Wyke and co, I have to say I can't help but feel disappointed if we don't land Sharp now. :lol:

I'd have never believed we had a chance of getting him before the owner told Roker Report about it.

His record at League One level is, quite frankly, ridiculous:

21 goals in 44
30 goals in 46

:eek:

The one player I really want us to sign.

ALS are saying he's keen on the move, but without any sources linked.
Nixon saying it's possible but his wages are high and it would be a very expensive deal.

Personally I think it's one that won't have legs until one or more of N'Dong, Kone, Oviedo & Djilibodji are gone. Wyke and Eisa more likely. Dream signing though for this league

ALS are saying he's keen on the move, but without any sources linked.
Nixon saying it's possible but his wages are high and it would be a very expensive deal.

Personally I think it's one that won't have legs until one or more of N'Dong, Kone, Oviedo & Djilibodji are gone. Wyke and Eisa more likely.

I don't mind if we lose others due to being firm on wages but Sharp is surely a known commodity that we could essentially just pay him the Championship wages from the start knowing with his goals our chance is massively increased of going up first time of asking. Obvious caveat being if he's not taking the absolute piss.

I don't mind if we lose others due to being firm on wages but Sharp is surely a known commodity that we could essentially just pay him the Championship wages from the start knowing with his goals our chance is massively increased of going up first time of asking. Obvious caveat being if he's not taking the absolute piss.
I agree, however we must take into account his age and the fact that this may likely be his final payday, so I doubt he'll be taking much of a wage cut if any.

Owt else on Sharp since the link was revealed last week?

Despite the links to Wyke and co, I have to say I can't help but feel disappointed if we don't land Sharp now. :lol:

I'd have never believed we had a chance of getting him before the owner told Roker Report about it.

His record at League One level is, quite frankly, ridiculous:

21 goals in 44
30 goals in 46

:eek:

The one player I really want us to sign.
I agree, think his signing would be a real signal of intent and would really give us all a lift. If we managed to sign him and Mohamed Eisa to join Maguire and Maja, that would be a cracking set of strikers to go into the season with. It's hard to imagine those four not scoring goals.

Back