Billy Sharp

Good player but super high wages and very much against the model that the new owners want to implement. 32 years old and will want a 2 or 3 year deal on massive wages. Be a strange one TBH.
Be ideal for this division and if we get promoted a good start for the championship.

We do need a little bit of proven quality and he could be it.

Be ideal for this division and if we get promoted a good start for the championship.

We do need a little bit of proven quality and he could be it.

I am not questioning the type of player mate, would be a f***ing class signing for a league one club. More of the expense of the deal with wages and no sell on cost. Sort of goes against what the owner has been banging on about for ages. No more big paydays for players who are the end of their playing time etc.

be interesting to see if this has got legs with the wages that'll be involved. surely Donald understands we've got to make some exceptions to the rule if we want to come straight back up. Sharp guarantees goals

I am not questioning the type of player mate, would be a f***ing class signing for a league one club. More of the expense of the deal with wages and no sell on cost. Sort of goes against what the owner has been banging on about for ages. No more big paydays for players who are the end of their playing time etc.

Fair comment,but in order to get us out of the league we’re now in a few wise old heads amongst the younger players will be essential. He may not have a sell on value,and can command high wages,but that needs to be balanced against what he brings in terms of experience at the level we’re competing at.

In previous years we’ve had virtually a whole team of has beens and maybes,so maybe this time round one or two like him instead of a whole team would benefit us.

I do not believe he will be on a "Huge Wage" at United since he sined for them when they were on the (old) 3rd division.

No idea what he earns,but one or two players like him are intrinsic to a successful campaign this coming season. Leadbitter would be another good signing,if we can pay what he’s looking for.

Fair comment,but in order to get us out of the league we’re now in a few wise old heads amongst the younger players will be essential. He may not have a sell on value,and can command high wages,but that needs to be balanced against what he brings in terms of experience at the level we’re competing at.

In previous years we’ve had virtually a whole team of has beens and maybes,so maybe this time round one or two like him instead of a whole team would benefit us.

Good reply mate. Be a strange one for me still
That said, if they have more room to manourve that we think then it maybe possible. We shall see.

Good reply mate. Be a strange one for me still
That said, if they have more room to manourve that we think then it maybe possible. We shall see.

What does seem apparent is that we’re becoming more wise in our transfer dealings and negotiations;that’s good to see. I’m optimistic we’re making progress as a club on this front and,as you say,we shall see. Our owner appears to be a hands on good negotiator-we have lacked that for many,many years.

Before I get abused for this let me just say that I would cream my pants if we signed Sharp.

Sharp was interviewed last week where he said he has one year left on his contract and hopes to sign an extension. He went in to say that he won’t play for another English club. Supposedly, he has had offers the last couples of years from the MLS (according to a Blades fan I know) and their fans expect him to go there at the end of this season.

He said he can’t see himself playing for another English club - not that he won’t.

I know I’m sounding quite pedantic here but the two statements are fairly different.

Back