Biggest musical regrets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was a class gig like

Getting too pissed at t in the park one year and missing Brian Wilson in pet sounds arena. Sure I was monged watching Damian rice instead

Oh and not garn to see the who at the arena with the ox on bass and Joe Strummer supporting

I wouldn’t regret missing Brian Wilson too much if I were you.

I was at a house party in the east end of London early Dec, either 86 or 87. Was about 7pm and a few said they were going to Kilburn to watch a band and did I want to go? I was well into the cans by now and declined - they came back about midnight and said it was the best gig they'd ever been to.
It was one of the legendary Pogues Christmas Concerts. :( :(

Yes, i'd have loved to have been at the IOW (1970) festival - mainly for the Doors , but I was only 8 at the time.
The 1970 IOW festival had a crowd of between 6-700,000 people, (Woodstock had 400,000) and among the acts were The Doors, The Moody Blues, and it was Jimi Hendrix last festival before his death.
I'd also loved to have been there, but was only 7 at the time.

Swapped Spacemen 3 ticket at Newcastle Riverside 1989 for 1984(?) SAFC away shirt with Tuborg on. I sold it for idiotic money on ebay a few years but would rather have seen the gig.

The 1970 IOW festival had a crowd of between 6-700,000 people, (Woodstock had 400,000) and among the acts were The Doors, The Moody Blues, and it was Jimi Hendrix last festival before his death.
Yeah, quite an iconic line-up.
Suppose i can take solace in the fact that I have touched the door handle of the hotel that Hendrix apparently stayed in - unless they'd had a refurb by then and it wasn't actually the same door.

Yeah, quite an iconic line-up.
Suppose i can take solace in the fact that I have touched the door handle of the hotel that Hendrix apparently stayed in - unless they'd had a refurb by then and it wasn't actually the same door.
Aye I went to New York 28 years after Lennon was shot. I was near where it happened but couldn't be arsed to go because it was too hot.

My general rule for gigs, the bigger the crowd, the less enjoyable the event is. Don’t get me wrong, the band is usually still decent, but people are fuckwits. Bigger the crowd, more fuckwits like moths to a flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back