Biggest musical regrets?

Not fancy a trip to Stanhope?

Did the first northern kin it was great , would be there this year but away with the van , seen wilko with the feeelgoods , solid senders, and on his own a few time , always had a great time watching him.

Not fancy a trip to Stanhope?

good man
Thanks for the heads up Chris,
Just bought 4 tickets
It was 82

just googled it.
Would have been May 81 when I saw them.

Last edited:
Johnny Cash played South Shields? when the fcuk was that?
Before it became cool to pretend to like him:lol:
Not a big band by any means but I went with a mate to see the Estrons a few year ago.
Christ they're good.
Thanks for the introduction.
Discovered Jeremy Tuplin (albeit through last night's gig listings)
Alas it was too late to go.

Last edited:
Actually, more of a recent one. Went to see Shame. Fontaines DC supporting. Checked the timings, got in especially to see Fontaines DC. The other support band came on, I thought it was all running late. They’d swapped slots. I was gutted.

Prince and the Revolution (I’ve seen Prince live but not with his former group)
Talking Heads
The Smiths
The original Kraftwerk

Not going to see the Arctic Monkeys at the Sunderland Student Union before the release of their first album.
Not punching my mate when he put the album version of "Paradise by the dashboard light" on the pub jukebox, all 8 and a half bloody minutes of it ffs.

Was a class gig like

Getting too pissed at t in the park one year and missing Brian Wilson in pet sounds arena. Sure I was monged watching Damian rice instead
Was a class gig like

Getting too pissed at t in the park one year and missing Brian Wilson in pet sounds arena. Sure I was monged watching Damian rice instead

Oh and not garn to see the who at the arena with the ox on bass and Joe Strummer supporting

Last edited:
Was in the bar when Psychedelic Furs supported Iggy at City Hall early 80, I wondered why it was empty.
Caught the last song, India I think, the place was rocking :oops:

Back