Biggest musical regrets?

Listening to the Fall on 6 Music. I always meant to see them, could have but left it too late. In the past I got tickets to see Lou Reed and Chuck Berry in Newcastle but they both cancelled - at least I tried. With the Fall I was just too lazy. And they were a great band. Anyone you regret not seeing?

Never got to see Joe Strummer. He died just as I started to go to gigs properly.

Listening to the Fall on 6 Music. I always meant to see them, could have but left it too late. In the past I got tickets to see Lou Reed and Chuck Berry in Newcastle but they both cancelled - at least I tried. With the Fall I was just too lazy. And they were a great band. Anyone you regret not seeing?

Aye, the Fall, could’ve went, didn’t, won’t.

Had tickets to see Pantera but it was soon after 9/11 and they cancelled the European tour. They broke up soon after although I did get to see all of the members in their subsequent bands.

I wish I could've been at Woodstock, but I was only 6 years old when that festival took place.

Last edited by a moderator:
One weekend on the piss in newcastle me and some mates had the chance to see The Climax Blues Band or some unknown American group called Blondie. We chose the CBB as we had heard of them. :cry:

I had a Bad Co ticket for Leeds in the early 70s but some bastard nicked it.
Bought one for Sting/Gabriel/Tracy Chapman and so on for Japan in the 90s but the concert was cancelled.
Was tempted to see Steve Marriott's packet of 3 in Tokyo but decided against it.
Should have gone to see Roger Chapman at Newcastle last year.
Didn't go to see the Free line up with Tetsu & Rabbit at Sheffield in the 70s when I had the chance to - was pretty skint and a pair of tits from Hull distracted me (she was lush though).
Should have gone to see Bowie at Sunderland but the whole make up bit of the fans put me off.
IOW - didn't have the dosh.

Finally saw the Fall on their Fall Heads Roll tour and were great but he was beginning to falter a bit.

Had tickets for Prince in late 80s and didn't fancy it so sold for face value - biggest musical regret ☹

I saw The Fall about 30 times. My regret is that i didnt want to see mark in a wheelchair and thought id give the last Newcastle gig a miss until he was on the mend.....sadly he was only around for one more. It still upsets me to think that i'll never again travel to some god forsaken place and hear those imortal lines 'good evening we are the fall'.

Another regret is having a ticket to see The Smiths and flogging it because i thought they were still on sale and not being able to get another...shite that

There's a few bands from the 90s early oo's that I really like now but only discovered after they were no more that I'd like to have seen (Sparklehorse, red house painters, songs:eek:hia). Work and raising kids got in the way I suppose. Was lucky enough to see the Fall in their prime (at clitheroe castle) and most of the punk bands in the late 70s.

Back