Biggest musical regrets?

was that around 80/81??
I was there for that one and to this day it’s the best sound I’ve ever experienced live.
I pretty much saw all of my heroes back in the day but have never seen Wilko Johnson live even though I’ve seen Dr Feelgood in numerous incarnations.
Biggest regret with hindsight is that I never saw Bob Marley.
The Newcastle gig didn't go ahead, but it must have been around that year.

Bizarrely, I have seen Wilko Johnson, but by mistake! My mate asked if I wanted to go and see Wilko at The Sage, and he had previously told me about an American band he liked (Wilco) and I liked what I saw on YouTube, so I went and it was Johnson he had been talking about :lol:

I f***ing hated it and spent most of the time at the bar :lol:

i was there & saw fuck all...
Me mam said the day after 'oh I got offered two free tickets but didn't think you'd want them' 🤦‍♂️

Not the same thing but go and see Brit Flloyd if you get the chance. Best covers band I have ever seen, very professional and the music is identical in every way. £40 a go mind so not cheap
Seen Aussie Pink Floyd a couple of times, I'll look up Brit Floyd.

was that around 80/81??
I was there for that one and to this day it’s the best sound I’ve ever experienced live.
I pretty much saw all of my heroes back in the day but have never seen Wilko Johnson live even though I’ve seen Dr Feelgood in numerous incarnations.
Edit - actually it must have been 82/83

Just found this and it seems it was a lot more than just stage fright, poor bloke...

Managed to see most bands that I’ve liked over the years.

I do regret not bothering to see the Eels at the Sage a couple of years back. Was in Dublin about 20 years ago and oasis were playing the same night. Passed on tickets offered by a tout for fear of being ripped off. Looking back I should’ve took the gamble.
Paying to see kings of leon at the sol is also a regret.

Any good? Do you reckon the band'll do anything?
It was ok. Got to admit at the time, whilst I liked the band and thought they were good, I couldn't understand why people went so mad for a group with such a dull stage presence! Carried on feeling that way tbh.
Mind you, they were certainly a lot better with that original line-up.

was going to my first gig at age 15 or so, Carter USM and Blur were playing the same week in a tiny venue, blur touring with Leisure. Parents said I could only to one and I chose Carter :( They were amazing but I'd just loved to have seen blur in front of 2-3 hundred people.

was that around 80/81??
Not fancy a trip to Stanhope?

Back