Out of work so no compensation
Great CV
Knowledge of NE football
World Cup winner
Good character
Experience of winning promotion from 2nd tier

Ticks lots of boxes

Up late? You not got school tomorrow?

As a responsible adult with a meaningful life you found the time and the mindset to post this....what a f***ing tit you are.

The one thing that was missing when he wrote the post.

Classic Big Jack story from Chris Waddle.

He was brilliant with names. Like the day of George Reilly's first game. Jack came into the dressing room on the Friday as he usually did to name the team. We were all sat round waiting and he goes, 'Right . . . ghoulkeeper is the ghoulkeeper. Right back is the big laird, two centre backs . . . the big laird and the big laird, left back, (which was Kenny Wharton) the little laird. Right wing (me) . . . the big laird, centre mids . . . the two big lairds, left wide (Peter Beardsley) . . . the little laird, up front . . . the big laird and . . . '

And he started to click his fingers as he looked at George Reilly.

And he said, ' . . . and up front . . . erm . . . erm . . . erm . . . what's your name, son?' Still clicking his fingers.

George Reilly looked at the rest of us as if to say, 'Is he serious?'

And then he said, 'You signed me yesterday from Watford for £200,000 . . . I'm George Reilly'.

And Jack said, 'Aaah . . . is that your name? I always knew George Reilly as the big laird.'

Yes cos your thread suggesting Steve McClaren would be a good choice was loads better.

This is a nostalgic thread about celebrating a football legend it isn't banter.
... erm before spouting shite check your facts. I haven't even started a thread or even spoke about Mclaren on here ever.

I loved the time when he and Cloughy were on the ITV World Cup panel and Jackie commented how dirty one of the players was. Cloughy could not resist pointing out that Jackie could talk as he had never been the cleanest of players when at Leeds.

Cue - the immediate commercial break and fade from the studio to the sound of raised voices and chairs being knocked over :lol::lol:

Yes cos your thread suggesting Steve McClaren would be a good choice was loads better.

This is a nostalgic thread about celebrating a football legend it isn't banter.
It is now but it wasn't when it started. Granted you've worked hard to turn it around and undisgrace yersel. Well done.
Met him once and George Cohen anarl.

Remember being at Ponteland airport about 10 years back at the gate waiting for a flight to board.

Jack was sitting there reading the journal.

The airline put out an announcement "Would Mr Charlton please come to the gate for boarding". They were going to get him on first. Jack didn't budge.

They repeated the message twice and still nothing.

So a bloke shouts out "how Jacky man that's you they're shouting for. Put your paper down and get on the plane"

Jack acknowledged the request in his usual manner.

Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back