Big Jack Charlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

been trying for years to get the "match of the 70s" series on dvd. only on video but there is some of those shows on youtube. dennis waterman is the presenter

74/75 season. There was about 7 teams in with a chance with about 3 games to go and we were really fancied, typically we fell away right about the time Bill Shankly tipped us for the title - go to 9:10 in this video.

I think we finished 7th in the end! only 5 points behind the title winners, 8 points if 3 for a win.

Aye mate back in the 90s they were on BBC. Loved them.
great old school show. i sent an email to bbc store but was told that unlikely to be released. have to make do with the youtube stuff but they are all over the place with the order of shows

Wor Jackie(MLF)'s nephew.
Great lad and bloke. Would there were any like him around today. Called a spade a f***ing shovel.
Likes fishing, like the OP.

He's 82, even older than I am.

74/75 season. There was about 7 teams in with a chance with about 3 games to go and we were really fancied, typically we fell away right about the time Bill Shankly tipped us for the title - go to 9:10 in this video.

I think we finished 7th in the end! only 5 points behind the title winners, 8 points if 3 for a win.
The relegation race was interesting that season Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea all in bottom 5 along with Carlisle and Luton how things have changed!

Last edited:

Has a dig at Newcastle fans 2:55. Some good Eric Gates footage also of when he signed for Sunderland instead of Newcastle which in part led to Big Jack being hounded by Newcastle fans and his departure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back