Beware the Tangerines...

Just you wait and see old bean. They’ve been among the best in the league this season, struggled early on to convert into wins - now they’ve clicked. Beast mode: engaged
I thought it was Peterborough who had engaged beast mode? Hull seem to have engaged it as well?

What have we engaged? Plod mode?

All is lost.

I thought it was Peterborough who had engaged beast mode? Hull seem to have engaged it as well?

What have we engaged? Plod mode?

All is lost.
We looked like we might be engaging beast mode after the Doncaster and Portsmouth games but it never clicked.

Hull have been in beast mode all season

Peterborough have recently reengaged

A couple of weeks ago I said "We need to keep an eye on Blackpool" as they were storming their way up to the top, and I got "So what?" etc back.
Well now look.

We have to play them twice in 10 days and they are tapping us on the shoulder.
Wigan for us next and then Blackpool, then Hull, AS (again) and Blackpool again.

Blackpool have us, AS and Shrewsbury to play.

Goes without saying we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion, but we (and others) need to knock the wind out of Blackpool's collective sails.

I'm not going to bookmark this as an "I told you so", but more to make a point that while it's important to chase down the top two, ignoring those nipping at our heels would be an error.
If we don’t win tomorrow the games against Blackpool have little significance

Blackpool in beast mode are an unstoppable juggernaut. In the last 10 games they have managed draws against the likes of Wimbledon, Plymouth, Fleetwood, Burton and Lincoln.

They are truly awesome and terrifying to behold.

When they played Hull many moons ago, my Grannie was over there doing some shopping. She saw the blackpool fans in their shirts and thought it was a load of bin men on strike :lol:

You lot seem to have a different third tier club every week you elevate to 70's Holland status.
This place is just mental mate. Best to ignore 99% of the drivel. We're either going to win the league or we're doomed. Every team in League One who is on form is automatically better than us, despite our own form (Saturday excluded). And the players and manager, well they are either clueless and absolutely shite or they're amazing and good enough to get us to the Prem :lol:

There's never any middle ground and hardly anyone can take a single loss or win without getting carried away. Plus we have plenty who seem to have some sort of fetish for wet bedsheets, must cost them a fortune in laundry.

A couple of weeks ago I said "We need to keep an eye on Blackpool" as they were storming their way up to the top, and I got "So what?" etc back.
Well now look.

We have to play them twice in 10 days and they are tapping us on the shoulder.
Wigan for us next and then Blackpool, then Hull, AS (again) and Blackpool again.

Blackpool have us, AS and Shrewsbury to play.

Goes without saying we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion, but we (and others) need to knock the wind out of Blackpool's collective sails.

I'm not going to bookmark this as an "I told you so", but more to make a point that while it's important to chase down the top two, ignoring those nipping at our heels would be an error.
Blackpool aren’t and never were a threat to us being automatically promoted. They won’t finish above us and one of Hull or Posh. They can stop us getting automatic and finish 3rd to our 4th but won’t finish in the top 2 themselves.

This place is just mental mate. Best to ignore 99% of the drivel. We're either going to win the league or we're doomed. Every team in League One who is on form is automatically better than us, despite our own form (Saturday excluded). And the players and manager, well they are either clueless and absolutely shite or they're amazing and good enough to get us to the Prem :lol:

There's never any middle ground and hardly anyone can take a single loss or win without getting carried away. Plus we have plenty who seem to have some sort of fetish for wet bedsheets, must cost them a fortune in laundry.

Its great though eh :lol: . It reminds me of a Sheff Wednesday fan I used to work with. Evey Monday morning, he'd announce their manager was either destined for the very top of European football, or simply HAD to be sacked, depending on if they had won or not on a Saturday. A draw away was in the former category, a draw at home in the latter. Everyone used to piss themselves but he was deadly serious, every week.

Last edited:
Exactly..I said on another thread since we lost on Saturday it seems that Posh and Hull have turned into 1970 Brazil and won't drop any points.....Hard as it may look It's not over yet

I still reckon you'll go up. I said so on Saturday and a load of furious people replied with incredulity at me. But prior to one defeat to a decent Charlton, the same folk were considering what budget you'd be spending in the Championship. :lol:

Last edited:

Back