Beware the Tangerines...

Exactly..I said on another thread since we lost on Saturday it seems that Posh and Hull have turned into 1970 Brazil and won't drop any points.....Hard as it may look It's not over yet

The Portsmouth thread last week where the lad put up there fixtures saying there is every chance they will win all eight of them. They then lost at home to Burton in game 1 :lol:

A couple of weeks ago I said "We need to keep an eye on Blackpool" as they were storming their way up to the top, and I got "So what?" etc back.
Well now look.

We have to play them twice in 10 days and they are tapping us on the shoulder.
Wigan for us next and then Blackpool, then Hull, AS (again) and Blackpool again.

Blackpool have us, AS and Shrewsbury to play.

Goes without saying we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion, but we (and others) need to knock the wind out of Blackpool's collective sails.

I'm not going to bookmark this as an "I told you so", but more to make a point that while it's important to chase down the top two, ignoring those nipping at our heels would be an error.
Blackpool are still irrelevant in terms of league position. If they catch us, we aren’t going up automatically, as we’ll be miles behind posh and Hull, so it’s largely irrelevant what they do (beyond the games against us)

Blackpool are still irrelevant in terms of league position. If they catch us, we aren’t going up automatically, as we’ll be miles behind posh and Hull, so it’s largely irrelevant what they do (beyond the games against us)

Two in the space of 10 days does give you cause to look at them though

Two in the space of 10 days does give you cause to look at them though
Only in terms of what points they can stop us getting. Couldn’t care less about the league table. Doesn’t matter to me whether we finish 3, 4, 5 or 6 tbh, if it isn’t 1st or 2nd it doesn’t really matter. Tbh, this season since it’s better to play away than at home, the 5th and 6th place sides arguably have that advantage in the playoffs

Only in terms of what points they can stop us getting. Couldn’t care less about the league table. Doesn’t matter to me whether we finish 3, 4, 5 or 6 tbh, if it isn’t 1st or 2nd it doesn’t really matter. Tbh, this season since it’s better to play away than at home, the 5th and 6th place sides arguably have that advantage in the playoffs

Well there's that. Hopefully we'll get the full 6 from them, or 4 at least and Hull/Posh have a few wobbles too

Blackpool havnt lost a game for ages so the law of averages states they are due a defeat ( much like we were and got it on saturday ).....they are unlikely to lose to Accrington ...then they play us
A couple of weeks ago I said "We need to keep an eye on Blackpool" as they were storming their way up to the top, and I got "So what?" etc back.
Well now look.

Wigan for us next and then Blackpool, then Hull, AS (again) and Blackpool again.

Goes without saying we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion, but we (and others) need to knock the wind out of Blackpool's collective sails.

I'm not going to bookmark this as an "I told you so", but more to make a point that while it's important to chase down the top two, ignoring those nipping at our heels would be an error.

I think most of us have been aware of their threat esecially in recent weeks....some on here tipped them for promotion at the start of the season....its no great surprise they are where they are.
FWIW i fancy us to raise our game against them...saturdays defeat could be a blessing in disguise for us...they are due a defeat anyway

Last edited:
Well, now look.

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Soiled yourself lad?
Blackpool havnt lost a game for ages so the law of averages states they are due a defeat ( much like we were and got it on saturday ).....they are unlikely to lose to Accrington ...then they play us

I think most of us have been aware of their threat esecially in recent weeks....some on here tipped them for promotion at the start of the season....its no great surprise they are where they are.
FWIW i fancy us to raise our game against them...saturdays defeat could be a blessing in disguise for us...they are due a defeat anyway

Two hopefully!

Well now look.

I bet you check your wardrobe for the bogey man before you go to bed on a night :).
Whilst I am not writing the threat of Blackpool off, we are still a half decent team in this league. We might get beat, but I would rather have our team and position than Blackpool's.
Think we will take at least 4 points if not 6 off them and that's because we are a better team, nothing to fear IMO.The fear is Hull and Peterborough not dropping points, with our game against Hull the one to worry about.

I can already see the twat in the white coat running (or hobbling now ) up and down the touchline to put Leadbitter off for the crucial penalty.
He must be dead now,1974/75 season,we had come back from 2 nil down to 2 2 and he was behind the goal waving his arms about to put us off.He neednt hav bothered as Walsh scored in the last min for Blackpool

Back