Beware the Tangerines...

I bet you check your wardrobe for the bogey man before you go to bed on a night :).
Whilst I am not writing the threat of Blackpool off, we are still a half decent team in this league. We might get beat, but I would rather have our team and position than Blackpool's.
Think we will take at least 4 points if not 6 off them and that's because we are a better team, nothing to fear IMO.The fear is Hull and Peterborough not dropping points, with our game against Hull the one to worry about.

I can't leave the wardrobe door open long or the cat gets in and then it's like a scene from scooby doo opening and closing doors until the daft sod comes back out!
Got a link to that thread?

It was a reply to a thread on ALS's Instagram

He must be dead now,1974/75 season,we had come back from 2 nil down to 2 2 and he was behind the goal waving his arms about to put us off.He neednt hav bothered as Walsh scored in the last min for Blackpool
Had to be goal of the season like preceded by a fair amount of tangerine cheating

A couple of weeks ago I said "We need to keep an eye on Blackpool" as they were storming their way up to the top, and I got "So what?" etc back.
Well now look.

We have to play them twice in 10 days and they are tapping us on the shoulder.
Wigan for us next and then Blackpool, then Hull, AS (again) and Blackpool again.

Blackpool have us, AS and Shrewsbury to play.

Goes without saying we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion, but we (and others) need to knock the wind out of Blackpool's collective sails.

I'm not going to bookmark this as an "I told you so", but more to make a point that while it's important to chase down the top two, ignoring those nipping at our heels would be an error.
So what

A couple of weeks ago I said "We need to keep an eye on Blackpool" as they were storming their way up to the top, and I got "So what?" etc back.
Well now look.

Wigan for us next and then Blackpool, then Hull, AS (again) and Blackpool again.

Goes without saying we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion, but we (and others) need to knock the wind out of Blackpool's collective sails.

I'm not going to bookmark this as an "I told you so", but more to make a point that while it's important to chase down the top two, ignoring those nipping at our heels would be an error.
Nobody is ignoring anyone.... We can only play what is in front of us! All out to beat Wigan tomorrow or our season is over until the playoffs... Whether we finish 3rd or 6th is matterless.

Well now look.

As I pointed out yesterday mate- half a dozen clubs have had unbeaten runs during the course of this season. This one has to end sometime. Everyone else’s did
Both Blackpool games will be rock.
Mint

Managed to surrender a two goal lead away to Lincoln, a side we slaughtered away 4-0. Will they be tough? No doubt, but we should be aiming to beat them twice.

Lets face it we are going to finish in the playoffs, entering them on a downer for failing to secure an auto place AGAIN , is going to cost us. FFS , yes I have renewed but I. hate watching us play in this shit division.
You forgot to mention that you’re bound to play Charlton in the play-offs

I am waiting for some one to say that the games against Blackpool will be academic anyway when we lose to Wigan on Tuesday night.

If you are going to get an automatic promotion spot you have to win games and on that basis every game is demanding. Believe me Blackpool won't be happy at all about having to face us twice in a few days they would be pretty stupid if they were.

Anyway it will be bloody good practice for when we meet them twice in the heats for the play off final :lol:

Lets face it we are going to finish in the playoffs, entering them on a downer for failing to secure an auto place AGAIN , is going to cost us. FFS , yes I have renewed but I. hate watching us play in this shit division.
I have got to say that I agree with you on all counts sadly.
I don't think we will beat Blackpool twice and don't think we will win at Hull. As we need wins not draws, I think our goose is cooked regarding the top 2.
It all depends on how mentally strong we are when the play offs arrive. We are capable of beating anyone over 2 legs in the SF, and certainly capable of winning the final be it v Pompey, Blackpool, Charlton, Oxford, Lincoln etc. But, mental strength and of course, LJ picking the right team are crucial

Back