Beware the Tangerines...

Surprised it's taken them this long to properly kick in. We played them in August in the League Cup and just scraped through on penalties. They were a tidy side full of pace.

A couple of weeks ago I said "We need to keep an eye on Blackpool" as they were storming their way up to the top, and I got "So what?" etc back.
Well now look.

We have to play them twice in 10 days and they are tapping us on the shoulder.
Wigan for us next and then Blackpool, then Hull, AS (again) and Blackpool again.

Blackpool have us, AS and Shrewsbury to play.

Goes without saying we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion, but we (and others) need to knock the wind out of Blackpool's collective sails.

I'm not going to bookmark this as an "I told you so", but more to make a point that while it's important to chase down the top two, ignoring those nipping at our heels would be an error.
If we are as weak mentally and physically as we were against Charlton it wont end well.

A couple of weeks ago I said "We need to keep an eye on Blackpool" as they were storming their way up to the top, and I got "So what?" etc back.
Well now look.

Wigan for us next and then Blackpool, then Hull, AS (again) and Blackpool again.

Goes without saying we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion, but we (and others) need to knock the wind out of Blackpool's collective sails.

I'm not going to bookmark this as an "I told you so", but more to make a point that while it's important to chase down the top two, ignoring those nipping at our heels would be an error.
You are wrong - that is simply what the fans do. The players need to approach every game as one that needs to be won - your suggestion is concentrate on Saturday because Blackpool are a form side whereas tonight is a gimme. Fortunately, LJ will take it one game at a time.

You are wrong - that is simply what the fans do. The players need to approach every game as one that needs to be won - your suggestion is concentrate on Saturday because Blackpool are a form side whereas tonight is a gimme. Fortunately, LJ will take it one game at a time.

I'm not wrong then am I. I've also said and I agree that every game should be approached as must win.
I wasn't saying "concentrate on Saturday". I was saying that they have been ignored and cannot be taken lightly.

Well now look.

It doesn't go without saying that "we need to win every game to stand a chance of automatic promotion".

In fact, if we win every game, we are guaranteed automatic promotion.

5 wins from our last 7 leaves us with a chance of automatic promotion.

I'm not wrong then am I. I've also said and I agree that every game should be approached as must win.
I wasn't saying "concentrate on Saturday". I was saying that they have been ignored and cannot be taken lightly.
I don't think they've been ignored in the slightest either by fans or the club. You are stating the obvious, that is all I am saying. Each game from now to the end of the season is of equal importance and everyone know's form teams are a concern. I don't think you were by any means the first to mention Blackpool despite your desire to say 'I told you so'.

I don't think they've been ignored in the slightest either by fans or the club. You are stating the obvious, that is all I am saying. Each game from now to the end of the season is of equal importance and everyone know's form teams are a concern. I don't think you were by any means the first to mention Blackpool despite your desire to say 'I told you so'.

Perhaps not, but from the conversation I had originally it certainly felt that way :lol:

Back