Best Sunday carvery in and around Sunderland

That was a very busy cafe / restaurant then.

Morrison’s Seaburn take 5k on an airshow day, half that normally. A hell of a lot of food served but never 1 mill a year.

Certainly not saying it’s imposdible but not a single independent will be taking that sort of cash in Sunderland IMO.
Different business models. A supermarket cafe will be doing well for the average transaction being over £6 per customer.
A decent restaurant would expect it to be many times that. Even in Sunderland if I'm on a night out I could spend £40-50 per person.

That was a very busy cafe / restaurant then.

Morrison’s Seaburn take 5k on an airshow day, half that normally. A hell of a lot of food served but never 1 mill a year.

Certainly not saying it’s imposdible but not a single independent will be taking that sort of cash in Sunderland IMO.

2.5k * 7 is near enough to his 20k example to be fair

Different business models. A supermarket cafe will be doing well for the average transaction being over £6 per customer.
A decent restaurant would expect it to be many times that. Even in Sunderland if I'm on a night out I could spend £40-50 per person.

Exactly. McDonald’s might be 4 quid, but the till never stops ringing.

Wetherspoons pubs take tha t sort of money quite easily. Not restaurants as such but have good food incomes
2.5k * 7 is near enough to his 20k example to be fair

Exactly. McDonald’s might be 4 quid, but the till never stops ringing.
Aye, but I specifically said independents.

I know spoons, Nando’s, McD’s and supermarkets will turn that over as it’s volume driven.

Independents in Sunderland won’t be turning over £1 million a year.

Aye, but I specifically said independents.

I know spoons, Nando’s, McD’s and supermarkets will turn that over as it’s volume driven.

Independents in Sunderland won’t be turning over £1 million a year.

Stirks at the Broadway is Sunderland’s best restaurant and is absolutely flying. Easily 20k+ a week id estimate

ETA goaty, what are your thoughts on the “vignale” trim level

Stirks at the Broadway is Sunderland’s best restaurant and is absolutely flying. Easily 20k+ a week id estimate

ETA goaty, what are your thoughts on the “vignale” trim level
Top of the range if that’s what you’re after.

It’ll still be a Ford, but I happen to quite like a Ford.

Well done Stirks. Still yet to visit myself.

Certainly not the Hastings Hill or The Barnes. I've yet to try Stirks but I know the Italian Kitchen in Southwick is canny.

I'm going off the carvery idea for all of the issues raised, especially having to queue alongside scratters who've got no manners before or after they sit down.

And what is with the carver bloke that makes him think he's your best mate? I didn't come here for a conversation with YOU pal!

Certainly not the Hastings Hill or The Barnes. I've yet to try Stirks but I know the Italian Kitchen in Southwick is canny.

I'm going off the carvery idea for all of the issues raised, especially having to queue alongside scratters who've got no manners before or after they sit down.

And what is with the carver bloke that makes him think he's your best mate? I didn't come here for a conversation with YOU pal!

Would you rather the chef be offhand or disinterested ? Its called custmer service ! Carveries are fine as long as there is asteady stream of people using them. In those circumstances veg and meat will not beleft sitting under hot lights for hours. It works at Toby provided you go at the right times

For info........fucked it off and did a home made Sunday lunch. Roast chicken, roast gammon, proper King Edward roast potatoes, anya potatoes, sprouts, sweet potato mash, turnip, cauliflower, peas, chantenay carrots and yorkshire puddings, of course. Apple crumble and vanilla custard to follow.

Back