Best Sunday carvery in and around Sunderland

I’ve only ever had the one carvary that I can remember and it was from the Hastings Hill and I wouldn’t fuckin’ bother again if they are like that. Al eat shit food if I have to but why anyone would keep returning to these places for the meals is beyond me, so bland.

But aye the Scullery is good shit to order from.
The worst thing about the Hastings Hill Calvert is/was the bloke dishing the meat out. His craic was f***ing horrendous. Cracking unfunny jokes to everyone constantly. Went once and never went back simply because of him. What an annoying fucker he was.

No, I took your comment to say I wasn’t telling the truth. If you meant it’s bad, yes I agree, one of a number or reasons I don’t eat in them.

It’s a sad state of affairs but the Sunday carvery is probably what keeps a lot of pubs open. Restaurant trade Monday to Thursday is shite in Sunderland unless you are doing really well. High profit margins on plates of mass catered slop on a Sunday

It’s a sad state of affairs but the Sunday carvery is probably what keeps a lot of pubs open. Restaurant trade Monday to Thursday is shite in Sunderland unless you are doing really well. High profit margins on plates of mass catered slop on a Sunday

I don’t know much about the Sunderland market to be fair, but making money out of food can be very difficult.

I don’t know much about the Sunderland market to be fair, but making money out of food can be very difficult.

Without a doubt. Must be decent margin though, I presume they keep a few pubs afloat that would be dead otherwise. Nobody seems to go out on a Sunday for pasta etc

Without a doubt. Must be decent margin though, I presume they keep a few pubs afloat that would be dead otherwise. Nobody seems to go out on a Sunday for pasta etc

The problem isn’t the margin, it’s the cost base, food is very labour intensive not to mention rent, rates, Gas, electricity, insurance, waste costs etc!

The problem isn’t the margin, it’s the cost base, food is very labour intensive not to mention rent, rates, Gas, electricity, insurance, waste costs etc!

If your margin is good you either have a good grip on your costs, a strong price or most likely a good bit of both

Back