Best spontaneous chant at a match...

Vs Liverpool at home and Phil Thompson ranting away on the touchline.

Cue 'Sit down Pinocchio, Sit down Pinocchio'.

Carlisle away (possibly a friendly, possibly late 70s):

I can't read and I can't write, but it don't really matter,
Coz I come from Carlisle, I can drive a tractor...

Also at the Liverpool away match that season there was a gospel choir lined up in front of the away fans, ready to go on the pitch at half time. The away end pipes up with, "Jesus is a mackem, Jesus is a mackem la la la la, la la la la." Choir members all had with a look of bemusement as the away end went mental dancing away.

Winning against Leeds and singing "4-1 4-1", they scored and without stopping sang "4-2 4-2".
A Doncaster fan I know was at a match (during there worst times getting beat 5-0) singing “we’re gonna win 6-5, we’re gonna win 6-5” they scored again and without missing a beat “we’re gonna win 7-6, we’re gonna win 7-6” :lol:

Last edited:
A regular spontaneous chant from older days, often when opponents scored and tried to upset the home crowd. ''Your gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in''

“There’s only one Butch Dingle”

Sang down at Boro every time their portly winger, Phil Stamp ventured near the away end.

Number 1 is Niall Quinn sung at Bradford when he went in goal started by me. :cool:

Kieron loves the cock or I saw Nyron score a goal. Twas a good holiday.

‘There’s only one lucky bastard’ sung by the North Stand to some bloke being lifted and marched out by the police, against Charlton in the match we scored 3 own goals.
Remember that well
As the police were dragging him down the aisle a couple of blokes at the end of our row got on their knees in front of them
with their hands up and wrists together asking to be arrested as well. :)

A mate who is a mag said when they played Leeds , the mags were singing the“ Jimmy Saville is one of your own“ chant , straightaway the Leeds fans started singing “he shagged Ant and Dec “.

Quick retort from them mind.

Changing the names of the players every time one went to the toilet at Bristol rovers last season. Charlie Wyke I seem to recall was one

Against Hull at the SOL (Nov. 2016)..when the leccy went off...South Stand started singing "we'll play in the dark"...class...mind, a power cut wasn't really a surprise with our Prince of Darkness (Moyes) in the dug-out....but we did win 3-0...and I recall Big Vic being unstoppable that day...
That was Watford wasn't it?

Also at the Liverpool away match that season there was a gospel choir lined up in front of the away fans, ready to go on the pitch at half time. The away end pipes up with, "Jesus is a mackem, Jesus is a mackem la la la la, la la la la." Choir members all had with a look of bemusement as the away end went mental dancing away.
Also that Liverpool away game which had been switched to a sunday dinnertime for Sky, we were singing "You're supposed to be in church" at that gospel choir.

Last edited:
Bolton supporters signing "going down going down..."

We replied " so are we so are we..."
One of my favourites was the Leicester fans
“You’re nothing special, we lose every week”
During the 7-0 master class at Cambridge Utd aka David Bellions finest hour. The little tea hut in the corner of the stand took some solid goading and chanting from our support for some reason that escapes my memory. Made me laugh anyway.
I was dating a girl from Colchester and she worked in the snack bar at layer road. When we played at their place, she come to give me and one of the lads some food. The whole away end started singing “Essex girls are easy, Essex girls are easy” :lol: :lol: She did not find it funny

Last edited:

Back