Best spontaneous chant at a match...

john h

Winger
Against Hull at the SOL (Nov. 2016)..when the leccy went off...South Stand started singing "we'll play in the dark"...class...mind, a power cut wasn't really a surprise with our Prince of Darkness (Moyes) in the dug-out....but we did win 3-0...and I recall Big Vic being unstoppable that day...

Bristol Rovers away, maybe second round of the league cup. Was freezing, Phillips was on the bench warming up by our fans with a hat on.

All of the other subs were warning up, no hats. Phillips comes in and suddenly one of the other subs has a hat on.

"We've only got one hat, we've only got one hat"

Random the shit your mind chooses to remember.

Bristol Rovers away, maybe second round of the league cup. Was freezing, Phillips was on the bench warming up by our fans with a hat on.

All of the other subs were warning up, no hats. Phillips comes in and suddenly one of the other subs has a hat on.

"We've only got one hat, we've only got one hat"

Random the shit your mind chooses to remember.

I was at that game, the Bristol Rovers fans were singing to Super Kev "you'll never play for England". Gadgie behind me says "he'll never play for Bristol Rovers".

Friendly away to Carlisle when Quinny was chairman/manager. Steward in front of us had his CUFC luminous jacket on which were individually numbered and his just happened to have "118" on it.

Cue chants of "got your number, got your number, got your number". The lad didn't have a clue what was going on for at least 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Friendly away to Carlisle when Quinny was chairman/manager. Steward on front of us had his CUFC luminous jacket on which were individually numbered and his just happened to have "118" on it.

Cue chants of "got your number, got your number, got your number". The lad didn't have a clue what was going on for at least 15 minutes.
..that was us !!😂😂 was funny as fuck.

During the 7-0 master class at Cambridge Utd aka David Bellions finest hour. The little tea hut in the corner of the stand took some solid goading and chanting from our support for some reason that escapes my memory. Made me laugh anyway.

Back