Best over the counter sleeping pills

Obviously not a helpful answer as precribed but I have a bad knee from playing footy, done my ACL in the other one a few year back and I am prescribed Cocodamol- I am out like a light.

However weirdly the last batch I got was horrific, couldn’t tell I’d even took any (my lass who isn’t prescribed took two for tooth ache) and said exactly the same.

Oh that sounds awful ☹️
I’d definitely try the promethazine, your GP seems to think it’s worth a try and is happy to prescribe it for you. You can’t keep on the way you are and I’d rather be taking that then having to drink to get some sleep. I really hope you get sorted.
Here's a professional

Here, pharmacists matey

What's all that about. Stood on mine now

Oops, "in mine" but could happily stomp on them so I'll leave that

I came on here with the intention of starting this exact thread.

Asked my GP to sort me out with some Valium for a couple of long flights and he refused. Told me to try some herbal shite called Kalm.

Country’s gone to the dogs.

Try kalms or nytol at first, hopefully they will work for for while or at least until you build up a tolerance.

If those dont work try Phenergan (Promethazine), its essentially a antihistamine but can be used to aid sleep too. Can buy it OTC.
Another vote for promethazine, I used it when I was on night shifts, but I believe it doesn't work for everyone.

Don't mix it with alcohol.

It's also way cheaper if you get the none branded stuff.

Not helpful but amusing story. My colleague was in Thailand boarding a flight to London. His mate asked him if he'd tried valium and gave him one to knock him out. Took it. Half way down the runway the plane came to an abrupt stop. Pilot said we had a warning light of a fire. Everyone off. He was out of his box trying to get off the plane and deal with getting back to a hotel whilst slurring his way through immigration. Bit like that wolf of wall St scene 😂

Not helpful but amusing story. My colleague was in Thailand boarding a flight to London. His mate asked him if he'd tried valium and gave him one to knock him out. Took it. Half way down the runway the plane came to an abrupt stop. Pilot said we had a warning light of a fire. Everyone off. He was out of his box trying to get off the plane and deal with getting back to a hotel whilst slurring his way through immigration. Bit like that wolf of wall St scene 😂

The my GP said they don’t dish out benzos anymore due to the chances of paradoxical reaction.

I had to Google it.

Obviously not a helpful answer as precribed but I have a bad knee from playing footy, done my ACL in the other one a few year back and I am prescribed Cocodamol- I am out like a light.

However weirdly the last batch I got was horrific, couldn’t tell I’d even took any (my lass who isn’t prescribed took two for tooth ache) and said exactly the same.
Probably a placebo.

Always slept like shite. Working shifts obviously helps. Can anyone recommend some pills that actually work plz.
Had same issue for years. Travel and time differences caused chaos with my sleep. Tried all sort. Now use a bed spray. Was sceptical but works for me. It’s called ThisWorks. Fenwicks I think.

Back