Best fish & chips you've had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is undeniably a very good fish and chip shop.
Whitby is in for one big wake up call when Papas open there this year.
The place will be immaculate, the staff will be superb, the surroundings will be beautiful and the fish and chips will be very good. The prices however will be fantastic ! They will be almost half of the Magpie and probably 1/3 less than most of them. Does Great meal deals as well, and i do not supply them ! They are good for the fish and chip business though.
I love Whitby if lockdown ever ends I give it a go

When we still lived in Rainton we used to alternate between Westwicks and Derek's Chippy. I'm guessing both are long gone now mind as we moved 20 years ago :(

Best I've had recently was at Drakes in York
both at least 25 years gone
Sutton and Sons in Hackney. The vegan fish and chips is lusherooney and always served piping hot. Chips absolutely full of potato.
Tatey, not potato. FFS!

Last edited:
Don't know if you've been recently, but they now have an Airstream Van outside doing takeaway portions

Yep, saw that when I was last there in June.
Tried the new bistro The Junction too.
The ‘invention’ of the NC500 obviously been positive for the village in some respects.

Ower the road from Maxwells
You'll mean the one on durham road then.

It's a long time since i lived there, but i used to go to the one in the estate. I often got an extra fish chucked in for free if Sadie was serving, as she was a mate of me Grandma.

Joe Bolton would get his pie and chips from there too

Downey's are usually spot on - probably not the "best" fish shop but after a certain point who gives a fuck?

Low's in Westhill (Aberdeen) are my local - the fish is usually decent but chips can be inconsistent.

I do recall having a really good haddock and chips from a place in Bridlington about 10 years ago - Ward's according to Google Maps (it must've been good given that I went to the bother of looking it up).

I also had an exceptionally good cod and chips in a restaurant near Oporto - their fishermen had to go all the way to the North Sea to catch it, apparently.

The Hut chippie in Silksworth is very good. They do the chips a little bit over so nice and brown.

My favourite is the chippie is the one in Middleton in Teesdale. Proper old school fishy.
Aye, the chippy in Middleton is decent, everything is cooked to order.

Barmston chippy last week when I noticed it was open, mind probably because I hadn't had a take away for ages,. I've since had a chicken kebab from fel fel, lovely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back