Best Coffee around ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greggs have a blend of a few different coffee beans and personally I prefer that too Starbucks et al.
Starbucks overcharge and people only buy from there because it’s “cool”
If it wasn’t for Facebook, Starbucks wouldn’t get half the customers

Been bang into my coffee of late. So would like a debate about it folks. By coffee I mean it can range from the normal americano to your hazelnut latte and so on.

Anyway what's your favourite and wheres your favourite place to grab one or go to.

The leading contender for me is caffe Nero at the minute , superb coffee. My preferred coffee from there is either a cappuccino or a flat white depends how I feel , or if I'm feeling really adventurous I will branch out and get a hazelnut latte with cream squirted on the top. Sensational.

Must admit I never touch instant coffee cannot get away with it awful stuff. Just Tea for me if I'm indoors.

Notable mentions go to McDonald's coffee, Starbucks, and I quite like that illy.

Costa's shite in my opinion.

So what coffee do you like and where from guys and dolls ?
Starbucks is like dishwater, weak unadulterated piss IMO. Much prefer Costa of the big chains.
Lazazza espresso (the black packet) for my home drinking.

It's all exactly the same mate. 100% Arabica beans. The people who "so I just adore Starbucks but can't tolerate Greggs own coffee" are being pompous hipster bellends.
When I go to cineworld at boldon I sometimes have a coffee from the Starbucks upstairs but I've gotta say greggs white coffee is a better coffee. May just come down to personal preference but it's Definately better imo and half the price.

Kenco costa Rican is the best for me so far, tried grinding my own and loads of different beans but nothing beats it (so far). Two heaps, bit milk, bit sugar, lovely.

If you make your own at home I recently got a package of beans from Home

If you're into East African style coffees, the light zingy ones, their two standard roasts are very good.

Lavazza ground and roasted at home in the cafetière.

Out and about Pret filter coffee at 99p very underrated. Small bar of dark salted chocolate with this is spotty dog.

Rarely drink coffee out and about, get a nicer cup at home. Of the chains McDonalds and Starbucks are canny enough, Costa is the blandest of the lot. Not sure I’ve ever had one from Greggs.

For beans I reckon supermarket own brands are as good as more expensive ones such as Illy and Lavazza. I rarely buy anything less than a 5, so if you like the stronger darker ones….

Waitrose espresso and Monsoon Malabar (a 4 but still strong and dark)
Tesco Finest Sumatran
Asda Javan Volcanic
Sainsbury espresso
Morrisons espresso

The latter 2 are good value at just over £2 a bag. I’ve had stuff from Fenwicks that cost £6 or £7 a bag and it was shit. The Ouseburn one I recall as being particularly bland. Pumprheys stuff is canny, but make sure you get one to suit your taste as they have a lot of choice and some of the dark ones may be a bit harsh.

Rarely drink coffee out and about, get a nicer cup at home. Of the chains McDonalds and Starbucks are canny enough, Costa is the blandest of the lot. Not sure I’ve ever had one from Greggs.

For beans I reckon supermarket own brands are as good as more expensive ones such as Illy and Lavazza. I rarely buy anything less than a 5, so if you like the stronger darker ones….

Waitrose espresso and Monsoon Malabar (a 4 but still strong and dark)
Tesco Finest Sumatran
Asda Javan Volcanic
Sainsbury espresso
Morrisons espresso

The latter 2 are good value at just over £2 a bag. I’ve had stuff from Fenwicks that cost £6 or £7 a bag and it was shit. The Ouseburn one I recall as being particularly bland. Pumprheys stuff is canny, but make sure you get one to suit your taste as they have a lot of choice and some of the dark ones may be a bit harsh.

That's a nice coffee that is.

I'm the same as you. Two espressos from the induction pot on a morning, and Aeropress on weekends.

That's a nice coffee that is.

I'm the same as you. Two espressos from the induction pot on a morning, and Aeropress on weekends.

I nearly got myself a bean to cup machine last year but my 5 year old £70 De Longhi espresso machine is still going fine. Aeropress at work, when I can be arsed. £20 on a burr grinder was a bargain as well.

One I forgot to mention in my last post was Startbucks espresso beans. They’re actually quite nice if you like dark coffee. Also, the decaf ones are up there with the best decafs I’ve had (I drink decaf at work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back