Berlin

I find it's too spread out, I'm not a fan of its architecture and the food is pretty ordinary. Gets a lot of praise though so obviously just not my cuppa scad.
I agree with all of that, yet I love the place. Just something about them coming out of oppression to being able to live as they choose. Almost the exact opposite of how Newcastle will become really.

If you're going out to the Stadium see if there's anything on at Waldbuhne that you can go and watch. Amazing outdoor venue - was a bucket list to see Pearl Jam there and did it a few years ago
Walbuhne

Make sure you have a walk along the East Side Gallery. It's a fair stretch of the wall still standing that is now covered in art.

Topography of Terror is a must visit. Haunting though some of the stuff you read about.

Berliner Dom (Berlin Cathedral) is good to take in views of the City. Only 7 euro entry. 360 degree views from the top where you can walk all around the dome.
Sure it was along the east side gallery i found a raggae bar i wanted to visit. Homeless everywhere, eventually get to this alotment like setup. Flog us a red stripe then flung us out as they were filming a music video.

Left the rest of the planning to the lads 😂

Loved the place though.

It is full of different experiences over a large city…Loved our visit. Just needs to decent planning and you’re off. As said, public transport was great. We stayed in Alexanderplatz, and the area is obviously not West Berlin, but it added to the stay.. Loved it and the people we met were really friendly.

Loved it, great place but it was freezing when I went. It was also a stag do so recommendations are a bit thin on the ground from me.

S-Bahn, U-Bahn, trams & busses are ten to a penny and will get you anywhere you need to go within Berlin. They have a fantastic public transport system.

One of the best in the world.

Just make sure you have a validated ticket. No ticket barriers but lots of ticket inspectors around and being a dumb tourist is not an accepted excuse.

Postpone it and go in December... the Christmas markets are ace! Seriously though plenty to see and do, but be aware of scammers and group pick pocketers in the tourist traps

Wander around, drink beer, do the Berlin Wall stuff. Also there's a decent Stasi museum down by the river if you're interested in that stuff.

Get the train out to visit Sacsenhausen concentration camp. A really strange experience walking from the train through this pretty German town with colourful buildings to where this horror happened.

Berlin is a cracking city. Enjoy.

Sure it was along the east side gallery i found a raggae bar i wanted to visit. Homeless everywhere, eventually get to this alotment like setup. Flog us a red stripe then flung us out as they were filming a music video.

Left the rest of the planning to the lads 😂

Loved the place though.

Mate that sounds exactly like the place where we ended up on the banks of the river!

Think this is it - Holzmarkt 25
https://maps.app.tracking code removed/KejCbtyV5Gi9AJUn8

Had a great few days over there though. Know some people that have been and weren't keen (think they just wanted a strip full of bars like Dusseldorf) but I really enjoyed it.

Mate that sounds exactly like the place where we ended up on the banks of the river!

Think this is it - Holzmarkt 25

Had a great few days over there though. Know some people that have been and weren't keen (think they just wanted a strip full of bars like Dusseldorf) but I really enjoyed it.
Been to a few nights there at kater blau. Proper fun events in a topper setting.

Back