Benitez confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think he means the mags delusion with his comment

His cv looks good as an overview. When you actually look into it, it's nowhere near the reputation he has.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think someone is rattled by this appointment.

While the obvious wish is for him to fail dramatically (and if he does no doubt hilariously).
This is going to be a very interesting appointment to follow over the next 10 games for the neutrals as much as us.
Even if it wasn't the mags it would be great to see how he did in the Championship, which is very very different to the Spanish second flight.

Could be their Martin O'Neill. Remember what a coup he was?

Hope not, he kept us up!

The only thing I can remotely think of is renewed hope and those who had clearly given up on the previous manger might actually care about putting a shift in for his replacement.

This. I don't think he offers much else.

They tried this with Shearer - hopefully it goes the same way.

A bad start is what we need. If they get a good result against Leicester they could well get some momentum and stop up. Get hammered and a bad result against us and they'll not turn it around. The derby really is massive.

There must be more threads about the mags on here than all of their forums combined.

What will he bring them? Nice hefty invoice on FL72 headed notepaper

He's a funny one. He's basically been really unsuited to his last two appointments. Everyone was like Real Madrid appoint Benitez? What the fcuk. And now it's Benitez agrees to join Newcastle Utd? What the fcuk

I honestly haven't got a clue how to take this news. It will be interesting to see what the players attitude is going to be like when they play on Monday night.

The only thing I can remotely think of is renewed hope and those who had clearly given up on the previous manger might actually care about putting a shift in for his replacement. It might mean a less poisonous home crowd than what might have been.
Is that this 'Bounce' thing? Could be right mate. We've certainly benefitted from some witchcraft previously so yeah, maybe so. It's all down to the players though surely?

By not being McClaren. Still shite though.
Can't argue with that!

Just the sacking of Mcclaren has to be worth points to them. Tufty was killing the club and some of the pressure will have been lifted.
Whether this is enough for them , who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back