Benitez confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson and Mourinho are obviously the sort of manager who could put the fear of God into players. Rafa, not so much. You have a little quality in midfield, so he might improve you there. But your defenders and forwards are simply the worst in the division apart from Villa and he can't get any replacements in. Lose to Leicester and us and I think the squad morale would be finished for the season too...
It's all on the derby, really...
I wasn't lumping him in the category of them two, it was more the fact that neither have relegation battle experience, so would you be better off with Allardyce than them two.I doubt he'll be in the dugout vs Leicester.I just hope he can try and galvanize them enough to stay up.

It can't be denied that he took Madrid, Napoli and inter all backwards. His last few years at Liverpool were poor.

He was crap at Madrid but managing Newcastle is such a different proposition, Madrid was a terrible fit for him as he's a defensive manager, getting Ronaldo to track back etc was never going to happen.

In theory he should do better with players with less egos and less credentials to criticise the manager as he's done more in the game than all of them unlike at Madrid.

I know, it's the Express, but some interesting stuff in here.

He will be paid £4million a season and will get a £2m bonus if they club stay up. But the Daily Star claim Benitez could jump ship at the end of the season if the Magpies go down. The former Liverpool and Chelsea boss has reportedly needed a lot of convincing that Newcastle is the right step to take. As for the club, they will have to pay departing boss McClaren a £2m severance package for his failures this season. McClaren will likely leave the club 19th in the Premier League with just six wins to show from his £83m spend on new players.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...e-contract-clause-Rafa-Benitez-heads-Tyneside

If we can score in the first 15 minutes their team and fans will crumble. I reckon they'll try to play really hight tempo and attacking and we'll nick one on the break. Like 95% of all managers he's just a bluffer.

Let's be honest, if we had replaced Dick Advocaat with Rafa Benitez we'd have been over the moon.

The cunt.

:confused:

While the obvious wish is for him to fail dramatically (and if he does no doubt hilariously).
This is going to be a very interesting appointment to follow over the next 10 games for the neutrals as much as us.
Even if it wasn't the mags it would be great to see how he did in the Championship, which is very very different to the Spanish second flight.

Hope not, he kept us up!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are you suggesting he'd stay if they went down. It's already been revealed he has a 6 month get out clause so he can scarper if they go down!

Talk about confidence in your ability to do a job

Hopefully no derbies next season. But after today Rafa might ensure we get one with them.

Piss off you boring twat ! If you've got nothing constructive to say, sod off back into your nuclear bunker !!!!!!!
I don't mind ANY decent oppo poster (even a scum one) but you are just on a wind up all the time, which is tedious and boring ! There are actually some other clubs fans that are decent and contribute to genuine debate on this board, you on the other hand............

He is quite a defensive manager so if he does struggle it will be going forward.

Not really that simple though is it? He's working with Steven Taylor & Paul Dummett, they aren't going to suddenly transform into capable Premier League defenders because their new manager knows how to set up defensively.

My Liverpool supporting friend on fb:

loads of newcastle fans loving Rafa. Just wait till he starts playing MItrovic left back and Tim Krul Right midfield. #badmemories #tinker #delusional #notactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back