Benitez confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for next Sunday now. Going to be a cracking atmosphere followed by an empty stadium as we win 0-2 with a Fab pen and JD worldie

Plenty of posts on his appointment and how he will stave off relegation, but in reality, what will he do / bring, that will salvage a side that has underperformed all season. How exactly will he change that situation?

How can anyone argue it's a bad move? It's a no lose bet. They were doing down no doubt under mclaren. If he doesn't come off its no worse than if they did nothing. Bar a few quid extra paid to Benitez which is peanuts to Ashley

He'll improve them and we've only got to remember Di Canio and Advocaat to see what that can achieve BUT
In those seasons teams around us were imploding - we've shown improvement recently and unlike traditional bottom six sides were looking hard to beat and carry a threat going forward.
Look after ourselves and we'll be OK.
Haway the lads

There must be more threads about the mags on here than all of their forums combined.

What will he bring them? Nice hefty invoice on FL72 headed notepaper
We've no game this week, a derby coming up and a need to keep up to speed with what's what in their world. Reckon that's the reason.

Would you take Allardyce over Ferguson or Mourinho because he's more experienced in relegation battles?
Ferguson and Mourinho are obviously the sort of manager who could put the fear of God into players. Rafa, not so much. You have a little quality in midfield, so he might improve you there. But your defenders and forwards are simply the worst in the division apart from Villa and he can't get any replacements in. Lose to Leicester and us and I think the squad morale would be finished for the season too...
It's all on the derby, really...

Plenty of posts on his appointment and how he will stave off relegation, but in reality, what will he do / bring, that will salvage a side that has underperformed all season. How exactly will he change that situation?

Defensive organisation, protecting their weak back 4 with 2 defensive mids.

He is quite a defensive manager so if he does struggle it will be going forward.

I think he'll improve things certainly, i just think the players he has (defenders especially) are not good enough and will continue to make mistakes and leak goals regardless of how the team is setup.

For me it's clearly become expectation from most on social media that they are now destined to stay up, that could work massively against them IMO.

He's no doubt got a good record but it's mostly at clubs with established players or players he has brought in, getting that shower of shite to improve is going to be some task.

It's his 50% or greater win ratio at every club he's been at that concerns me

its a good appointment for them without a shadow of a doubt, however the team he has to work with is a lot different to the ones he has manged the 50% win rate with.

I have to say fair play to him mind, not often a higher profile manager would take on a relegation threatened club

Football is such an inexact science, you never know how any managerial appointment will definitely turn out, though some are obvious failures from the off.
I honestly have no idea if this will click for them or not, but I only foresee great success or abject failure for some reason....no middle ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back