Benidorm

Nothing better than sitting in Heartbreak on an afternoon with a cold beer listening to some good rock music, my favourite being the AC/DC tribute band.
They're superb, marra.
I've never been offered drugs in Sunderland before, but in Benidorm around the strip theres someone on pretty much every corner asking about Charlie. It's not just drugs either, prostitutes brazenly offering their services in public
I'm exactly the opposite. Offered great loads in Sunderland but I've been living here for four years and have never been offered. I know where to go if I want some, like, but I just don't tend to go to those places.

Last edited:
You want to go into Sunderland bars before lock down
Allover the place especially marching powder
Saw less in Benidorm got offered it once, granted I be going to different bars i suspect
it's everywhere now. i don't go out this much these days but whenever I do its EVERYWHERE.

Abroad you usually get offered a bit of Charlie at some point in the night but the UK is off the scale now, hence why if they know your British on your travels you get offered it.

They're superb, marra.

I'm exactly the opposite. Offered great loads in Sunderland but I've been living here for four years and have never been offered. I know where to go if I want some, like, but I just don't tend to go to those places.

Is that Neptune bar still there..seen some good tribute stuff in there.

Like us, he makes a comfortable living. Often comes over here to watch the match with me.

It's not everybody's Cup of tea but it worries me not.

It is. Not actually called Neptune's, its Morgan's Tavern, but aye.

Aye that’s it..where did i get Neptunes from..🤔

Like us, he makes a comfortable living. Often comes over here to watch the match with me.

It's not everybody's Cup of tea but it worries me not.
I know him personally, and he is a good turn.
Does his stuff for the punters, and earns a crust - the same as you marra.
I wish you well.

First of all, the new Town never did it for me in Benidorm and I think I might not be in the bar that long after they had cranked up TBH :lol:
It's just one show I do, marra. I sing for money and if they want it, then f*ck it, I'll do it. I'm actually far more at home singing Matt Munro, Perry Como or Tony Bennett but that's a more limited audience these days so I do what pays the bills.

It's just one show I do, marra. I sing for money and if they want it, then f*ck it, I'll do it. I'm actually far more at home singing Matt Munro, Perry Como or Tony Bennett but that's a more limited audience these days so I do what pays the bills.
You must be down to 30 euro's a show at the moment?
Hope things pick up for you marra.

Back