Ben Askren vs Jake Paul

God what a let down the whole Askern thing has been. Not seeing much at all of one mma where he was champion I only really saw maybe one or two fights of his bellator run, but after ages of rogan blowing smoke up his arse I was excited when he made the move over to ufc to see this amazing wrestler come in and wreck shop. That didn't happen and he looked way out of his depth in the ufc, after a unconvincing win when he was lucky af to survive against lawler and the absolute ko knee fight he just seemed to disappear. His patter is terrible too, then when this fight was brought up anyone e who saw him fight late in his career in the ufc could see something like this happening. His standup was always utter shite, he was a punching bag till he could get hold of people and take them down. I'm sure it's his biggest payday so fair play I'd get knocked out off a YouTube kid for a million quid so it's hard to be down on the bloke but after the whole Joe rogan smokefest this whole Askern thing has been a joke.

Fight should NEVER have been stopped! He was absolutely fine to continue after the 8 count ffs. Some shady dealings going on behind the scenes imo.

Bloke didn't train, didn't even try to mask he hadn't trained...went down immediately and couldn't give a fuck afterwards saying he was happy for the pay day. Hard to blame him, even if he won nobody would have gave a fuck about him, not like he would have boxed anyone else or put any effort into generating interest in a rematch.

Fair play to him for his payday, had no interest in it personally but do hope Jake Paul gets ironed out by someone mediocre

Good for just daft entertainment. Fair play to Ben for doing it and getting paid a fortune. And fair play to Jake Paul who seems to have ruffled loads of feathers and has made millions. He won’t fight any boxers but he’ll continue getting paid and living this mental rich lifestyle.

Last edited:

Back