Ben Askren vs Jake Paul

As much as I hate to say it, this is a really smart opponent pick by Jake Paul. Askren is as close to a pure wrestler you'll find in modern MMA and he has a very limited and rudimentary striking technique, other than toughing it out and somehow landing a haymaker I'd give him little chance of winning. Hope I'm wrong.

As much as I hate to say it, this is a really smart opponent pick by Jake Paul. Askren is as close to a pure wrestler you'll find in modern MMA and he has a very limited and rudimentary striking technique, other than toughing it out and somehow landing a haymaker I'd give him little chance of winning. Hope I'm wrong.

Askren has won professional MMA fights by KO in the past. He’s an animal compared to Paul who looks like an absolute fanny when trying to throw a punch.

Askren may not be the best stand up guy in the real world of professional MMA
But compared to this loser... No contest.

Askren has won professional MMA fights by KO in the past. He’s an animal compared to Paul who looks like an absolute fanny when trying to throw a punch.

Askren may not be the best stand up guy in the real world of professional MMA
But compared to this loser... No contest.

He has never won a fight standing and I can't even remember him winning an exchange on the feet and I watched him in ONE and Bellator. He has won by ground and pound which consists of wrestling your opponent to his back, taking an elevated and advantage position and punching down.

He's a tit. Won two fights against youtubers and reckons he can fight McGregor. :lol:

Askren hardly moves when he pushes him with all his strength.

He's a tit. Won two fights against youtubers and reckons he can fight McGregor. :lol:

Askren hardly moves when he pushes him with all his strength.

Of course he doesn’t think he can win against McGregor. He’s trying to create some attention around a potential fight because he knows McGregor is the most likely to create sales and would do anything for money.

Former UFC champion Frank Mir is fighting Steve Cunningham on the under card as well. Cunningham is a former world champion who many will remember for putting Tyson Fury down before losing by TKO.

Do you not think the youtuber has a chance there mate?
Askren was a genuine title contender but foolishly allowed Masvidal to get in his head.

Masvidal is no slouch so no embarrassment really (apart from the time it took! )

I know nothing about Paul but based on experience alone I'd expect Askren to flay him in the first.

Askren is terrible on the feet, but there's no way he wouldn't have done serious stand up training in UFC considering he fought both Lawler and Masvidal and would have needed the tools to survive and compete against them in order to execute his own game plan. He's savvy enough to know surely he wouldn't have succeeded over there without rounding out his skill set.

Fair enough Lawler smashed fuck out of him when standing and we all know what Masvidal did, so maybe that invalidates my argument, but we are dealing with trained killers there not some YouTuber who thinks he's hard because he nicked some of his brothers juice then brayed a couple of other deluded no marks.

Back