Ben Askren vs Jake Paul

You think he can't 'box'? What exactly does box mean to you?

Considering my next sentence was he isn't a high level because he's only been doing it for a couple of years.

He needs to start fighting actual boxers like any amateur, build up the record and experience.

Can't stand him though tbh.
That’s like saying any kid that goes to boxing training can box. He’s absolutely shocking and wouldn’t last 60 seconds with a professional boxer who went out to damage him.

i don't follow MMA but how can some twat off YouTube be favourite against an ex professional mixed martial artist?

I've read he's a grappler or whatever you call it but surely he knows how to punch
Give a normal athletic bloke 8 weeks training and theyd beat Askren hes an embarrassment, Who's only good at wrestling

That’s like saying any kid that goes to boxing training can box. He’s absolutely shocking and wouldn’t last 60 seconds with a professional boxer who went out to damage him.

He isn't a professional though and let's be honest when a boxer starts his pro debut they get fed absolute cans to pad their record.

From what I've seen of him when he has fought he has some fundamentals in regards to boxing.

He needs to do it like anyone else though and start fighting actual boxers but sadly the state of boxing right now, he will probably end up fighting high level boxers because that is the state of boxing right now, Mayweather/Logan Paul esque.

People hate the fact that the most talked about thing in boxing isn't actually boxers :lol:

Considering my next sentence was he isn't a high level because he's only been doing it for a couple of years.

He needs to start fighting actual boxers like any amateur, build up the record and experience.

Yeah, but he's fighting with a pro license, had 3 fights and not a single one of them opponents has even boxed amateur.

The worst thing he could possibly do is fight an actual boxer. Say what you want but he’s creating a good revenue stream for himself by being absolutely spot on with his opponents. Looking on twitter just now there’s loads of washed up, presumably skint ex-MMA fighters tagging him saying they’ll have a go. Quite sad really.

Yeah, but he's fighting with a pro license, had 3 fights and not a single one of them opponents has even boxed amateur.

Like I said the sad reality is now he will probably get high level boxers want to fight him as he generates high revenue and he will obviously get absolutely outclassed and hurt.

Smart move is continue to fight mma fighters who can't box

Like I said the sad reality is now he will probably get high level boxers want to fight him as he generates high revenue and he will obviously get absolutely outclassed and hurt.

Smart move is continue to fight mma fighters who can't box

I 100% agree that the best commercial move is to participate in a sport and avoid anybody who has ever participated in that sport before. But it doesn't mean he's actually very good at it as an extension.

The worst thing he could possibly do is fight an actual boxer. Say what you want but he’s creating a good revenue stream for himself by being absolutely spot on with his opponents. Looking on twitter just now there’s loads of washed up, presumably skint ex-MMA fighters tagging him saying they’ll have a go. Quite sad really.
And other sports stars too

I 100% agree that the best commercial move is to participate in a sport and avoid anybody who has ever participated in that sport before. But it doesn't mean he's actually very good at it as an extension.

I agree it doesn't make him very good at it.

I still think he could be an ok boxer if done right.

I don't think anyone can become a boxer if they train, I think you have it or don't then build on it.

I think he has whatever it is to start if that makes sense.

Jake won’t fight anyone who can actually box like, no way.

Knows he will get his arse handed to him.

I expect more pathetic fights like this going forward.

Back