Below Freezing Temperatures

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus Seven here in DH7, just been out to get the milk and the two litre bottle is frozen solid.

Cannot remember the last time that happened around here.

Cheers, wind makes sense was down Roker walking on beach Tuesday afternoon and never felt pain in hands so much off the wind and had gloves on and coffee in hands. Amazes me how humans ended up living in cold climates like Siberia and Alaska etc

this. Felt colder down the beach this week than being -20 on a calm day.

Take the wind out of any weather and it makes a huge difference.

Humidity is the other main factor "feel it in me bones".

New York in March 2014 was pretty cold, remember being on the ferry to Liberty Island, insisting I sit outside and I was Baltic.

This could be the coldest it’s been here for a long long time though.

Are you north east based?

Aye. I think part of it is that these days everything must be commented on and remarkable. If we'd had the weather we've had this week 30 years ago, people would have said 'Cold this morning isn't it', then just got on with stuff. Now every cold snap has to be a 'Beast from the East #7' or Storm Fanny. It's just winter weather man.
What’s the fine for that these days?
You get cancelled apparently. (It was a bloke by the way. He is also an 'expert' in virology at the moment)

Last edited:
Aye. I think part of it is that these days everything must be commented on and remarkable. If we'd had the weather we've had this week 30 years ago, people would have said 'Cold this morning isn't it', then just got on with stuff. Now every cold snap has to be a 'Beast from the East #7' or Storm Fanny. It's just winter weather man.

You get cancelled apparently. (It was a bloke by the way. He is also an 'expert' in virology at the moment)

Ah right, there’s previous.
I wish the real experts were experts mind.

I remember that bad winter in 2010 or 2011 and was driving to Shields to pick up a lad to get into work (he only had a motorbike). Driving along Seaburn front, the car had -18deg on the dash board and there was steam coming off the sea. Surreal image.

I remember that bad winter in 2010 or 2011 and was driving to Shields to pick up a lad to get into work (he only had a motorbike). Driving along Seaburn front, the car had -18deg on the dash board and there was steam coming off the sea. Surreal image.

Freezing fog.

Cheers, wind makes sense was down Roker walking on beach Tuesday afternoon and never felt pain in hands so much off the wind and had gloves on and coffee in hands. Amazes me how humans ended up living in cold climates like Siberia and Alaska etc
Wind chill had big influence
Walking in sr6 yesterday it felt about 10 degrees as there was no wind and atmosphere was really dry I nearly wore my shorts!!
Yet over weekend similar temp but wind felt about 10 degrees colder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back