Below Freezing Temperatures

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date

It was the generally because of humans bit that was a bit of an exaggeration

You seem to call a lot of people thickies. It this because of an insecurity? :lol:

Same temperature and same year for me, working in Lincolnshire
This was in a remote part of ireland.

it was literally like being medieval at one point. Thankfully they had a huge pile of turf to burn

Not been through the whole thread so sorry if mentioned already. Woke up this morning and noted the room was freezing and radiators stone cold. Went downstairs and boiler was off. If you have found similar and it's a gas combi it's likely the condensate pipe has frozen and blocked. A few minutes outside with some warm water on the dismantled pipe had it sorted. Simple advice but might save someone hours without heating/water or money to call someone out. Any professionals out there please correct me or add to this advice if necessary.

Relatively nice today here in East Anglia with all the snow and ice has gone. However, just had my mam on the phone as she can't get of the house because the snow around the front door has frozen solid.

Relatively nice today here in East Anglia with all the snow and ice has gone. However, just had my mam on the phone as she can't get of the house because the snow around the front door has frozen solid.
I lived in flat in Inverness for a short while and it had one door. This used to happen a few times a year. I ended up keeping a hairdryer in the cupboard next to the door and used it to warm the door frame up to melt the snow/ice.

I have experienced temperatures of -20 (standard day) to minus 40 on bad days in Kazakhstan. Safe to say both are cold. There is not really a noticeable difference as you are wearing extreme cold wear at -20.
The difference though, as mentioned earlier, is that when it is -20 and windy it feels so much more uncomfortable than -40 and calm.
Safe to say that during the 2-3 months of really cold Winter there you perfect the art of speed smoking!!
Been on D island in the Caspian in the depths of winter.

Can confirm, fickin freezin, Greta explain you little twerp?
I was in Dallas in September and October 2019 and was thinking it would be lovely weather all year round.
I've just googled the weather there and it's freezing. :lol:
Jet steams are knackered, "climate heating up" morons beginning to realise its all absolutely nature up to its usual tricks.

Last edited:
Interesting one today my lad returned from lifeguard training in the sea at South Shields, as cold as it was his wet suit was hung up in the garden, was bone dry in no time.

Back