Beirut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice. Mrs C wanted to go, and I thought it was a bit long for one place. I'd definitely appreciate travel advice to Cordoba, Granada and Cadiz.

www.renfe.es for the trains.

Worth booking in advance because when the seats are full you wont be able to get on.

For Cadiz go to Seville San Bernardo train station fares are set at 13-30 single so 26.60 return. Takes 1 hour 40 evry 90 minutes or so.

For Cordoba go to Seville Santa Justa inter city trains aren't that cheap 24 Euro single for 45 minute journey MD middle distance are 11-20 and Avant are 17-30 but take longer.

Book in advance and print them off. I couldn't work out how to book two different journeys on one booking so had to book mine separate.

Try and use a credit card that doesn't charge a fee for using it aboard . I use a Halifax one for booking trains, paying for hotels etc..

Bookings can be made around 3 months in advance.

I think all three are raelly nice cities..

www.renfe.es for the trains.

Worth booking in advance because when the seats are full you wont be able to get on.

For Cadiz go to Seville San Bernardo train station fares are set at 13-30 single so 26.60 return. Takes 1 hour 40 evry 90 minutes or so.

For Cordoba go to Seville Santa Justa inter city trains aren't that cheap 24 Euro single for 45 minute journey MD middle distance are 11-20 and Avant are 17-30 but take longer.

Book in advance and print them off. I couldn't work out how to book two different journeys on one booking so had to book mine separate.

Try and use a credit card that doesn't charge a fee for using it aboard . I use a Halifax one for booking trains, paying for hotels etc..

Bookings can be made around 3 months in advance.

I think all three are raelly nice cities..

Again brilliant, thanks. Right up my street this sort of thing.

Again brilliant, thanks. Right up my street this sort of thing.

I'm in Malaga now, it's maybe an easy or cheap way to fly in or out of any of those places. Really lovely city, entirely pedestrianised city City centre (what a treat!) and friendly working class locals. Would fully recommended to anyone. For the cool cats around there's a few bars that serve beers you'd be lucky to find in any of Europe's coolest cities.

Not if it's in a Brit passport, my Lebanese mate would beg to differ and won't return after being made to strip

I wouldn't bet on that mate. I had Israel, Bosnia, and UAE stamps in me passport.

Was going to Tennessee and Louisiana. Had a connection at Amsterdam airport and was stopped a couple of times and asked the same questions over and over again: where had I been? why I did I go there? when did I go? and so on. 'Like a minor interrogation. 'Never had anything like it, and didn't think much more about it until I flew into Washington airport and was pulled out of the passport queue for an interrogation in this room. Was sat there with two North African lookin' fellas and eventually was interrogated. Almost missed the connection to Nashville.

I concluded that if you've been to places where there has been terrorist activity then the Americans will question you about it before they let you into their country. It's their country I suppose so they can do what they want.

Still, not as bad as Lebanon. If you have an Israel stamp on your passport they simply won't let you in. I've got one so going to have to send for a new passport so that I can get in to Beirut.

I wouldn't bet on that mate. I had Israel, Bosnia, and UAE stamps in me passport.

Was going to Tennessee and Louisiana. Had a connection at Amsterdam airport and was stopped a couple of times and asked the same questions over and over again: where had I been? why I did I go there? when did I go? and so on. 'Like a minor interrogation. 'Never had anything like it, and didn't think much more about it until I flew into Washington airport and was pulled out of the passport queue for an interrogation in this room. Was sat there with two North African lookin' fellas and eventually was interrogated. Almost missed the connection to Nashville.

I concluded that if you've been to places where there has been terrorist activity then the Americans will question you about it before they let you into their country. It's their country I suppose so they can do what they want.

Still, not as bad as Lebanon. If you have an Israel stamp on your passport they simply won't let you in. I've got one so going to have to send for a new passport so that I can get in to Beirut.
I had UAE, Oman, Egypt, Morocco and Iraq in mine, do you have a beard ? :lol:

The Copeland lad who drummed with The Police is the son of the CIAs former number 1 in Beirut. They lived their for years and it all fell to bits within 18 months or so of him leaving. His dads autobiog is supposed to be excellent. Kim Philby used to babysit for them iirc.

Nice one I’m doing Northern Spain in June. Going to get my Euros before brexit as the rate will probably drop..
:lol: Frighteningly low even now marra.

Last edited:
The Copeland lad who drummed with The Police is the son of the CIAs former number 1 in Beirut. They lived their for years and it all fell to bits within 18 months or so of him leaving. His dads autobiog is supposed to be excellent. Kim Philby used to babysit for them iirc.

:lol: Frighteningly low even now marra.

Yeah I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back