Beirut

I know some of you lads are well travelled, so, anyone been to Beirut?

I've fancied Istanbul for a couple of years now, so flying into there and was looking for options of somewhere else to spend 5 days or so. Was going to go back to Belgrade as loved it last year, looked at Sofia and sounds bang average, thought about Budapest but not hugely sold on it; and then was f***ing around with the map last night and thought can I get a flight from Istanbul into somewhere in the Middle East. Beirut, turns out the flight is only one and half hours and hundred and fifty quid return.

Started reading about it, did a bit of You Tube, looks fuckin' exceptional.

Anyone been?

I have a friend who is from Beirut and she says it’s brilliant.

Looks outstanding, mate. Apparently known as the Paris of the Middle East. Right on the coast, people by all accounts very welcoming, outstanding nightlife, architecture, history, everything.

Just need to hear from someone who's been.

Yes, went for a few nights in the mid 2000's. The women are something else, me and my mate couldnt believe the amount of stunning lasses - they didnt give us a second glance like :lol::lol::lol: Nightlife was excellent - Rue Monnot was the place to be then, in what used to be Christian East Beirut during the civil war but we were staying in Muslim West Beirut, all Hezbollah and Amal flags :eek::eek::eek: eating kebabs with the locals.
Just had a wander around one day, some nice architecture to see, ancient Churches and Mosques, then paid to get into a hotel pool on the Corniche the next couple of days. Everywhere took dollars and euros, had no bother whatsoever and would love to go back.
Highly recommended!

Back