Beirut

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's different from any other city I've visited - culturally.

The mosques, the architecture, the people. Take a trip up the Bosphorus to the Black Sea. Scenery is stunning.

Me and my mate stayed in an Airbnb in Beyoglu (just off Taksim Square) but got the boat over the river to Kadikoy for a couple of nights out. f***ing class.

Last edited:
Booking two city type breaks at the moment (4 nights).

One sorted to Seville and considering Istanbul. Flights with KLM and picked a hotel but not sure if 4 nights will be overkill. Ideas on sights welcomed

If you’re doing four nights in Seville it’s a bit long so definitely do a side trip to Córdoba or Cadiz or both!

Seville is stunning, not in summer though..

If you’re doing four nights in Seville it’s a bit long so definitely do a side trip to Córdoba or Cadiz or both!

Seville is great. Córdoba is great. Grenada is great. Cadiz and Jerez are shit holes.

Wish I’d gone to Ronda instead.

@cruze

Thanks for the advice. Mrs C wanted to go, and I thought it was a bit long for one place. I'd definitely appreciate travel advice to Cordoba, Granada and Cadiz.

Thanks for the advice. Mrs C wanted to go, and I thought it was a bit long for one place. I'd definitely appreciate travel advice to Cordoba, Grenada and Cadiz.

We flew into Granada and spent two nights there, then got the train to Seville and had five nights there which included day trips to Cordoba, Cadiz and Jerez.

The trains are regular, cheap enough and better than you'd get at home. We stayed in Airbnbs, let me know if you want the links.

We flew into Granada and spent two nights there, then got the train to Seville and had five nights there which included day trips to Cordoba, Cadiz and Jerez.

The trains are regular, cheap enough and better than you'd get at home. We stayed in Airbnbs, let me know if you want the links.

We've already booked hotel and flights, staying in Seville..

Looking for a 2 single days travel, but thinking Granada is too far by train in a day?

Cadiz is no way a shithole. Jerez is underwhelming on a first visit mind

Fair enough, it wasn't a shite hole but on a wet and windy January afternoon it wasn't worth wandering round.

Jerez was genuinely rough. It was only worth going to for the sherry tour.

We've already booked hotel and flights, staying in Seville..

Looking for a 2 single days travel, but thinking Granada is too far by train in a day?

Yes probably, it was about 3hrs to get there iirc. Definitely do Cordoba.

Fair enough, it wasn't a shite hole but on a wet and windy January afternoon it wasn't worth wandering round.

Jerez was genuinely rough. It was only worth going to for the sherry tour.

Yes probably, it was about 3hrs to get there iirc. Definitely do Cordoba.

Brilliant. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back