Being skint after your holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

When I went to Milan I managed to stay in a lovely apartment for next to nothing. Mind you, the apartment owner wasn't happy when he came home and found a complete stranger using his bath.

Also I'm not sure financial stability should be the measure of how much you care for your children.

The bairn is now 20. She is an adult. If I died tomorrow and left her nowt I know she will be fine.

Different matter when they are little. But then that is why we have Life Insurance.

Took fags and a bottle of vodka for round the tent , only had about 8 pints over the whole weekend in the arena and a couple of g&t's and foodwise only had two lots of chips and just snacked around the tent. If it wasn't so muddy I'd have spent more but it was a case of get to one place and stay there really as found it hard to get around for a mooch. Wasn't a conscious decision to spend nowt either just the lads were taking turns getting rounds
A bottle of vodka for round the tent? I took a bottle of vodka, 2 litres of cocktail mix, 4 bottles of wine and 8 cans :lol:I don't understand how you didn't drink more inside though. Surely when you aren't moving about you drink more to pass the time? I probably had about 35 pints and spent most of my time at the main stage anyway.

Don't think I'd want two more nights out a week now anyway!
No but back in the day...

The bairn is now 20. She is an adult. If I died tomorrow and left her nowt I know she will be fine.

Different matter when they are little. But then that is why we have Life Insurance.
The likelihood is she'll be more likely 50 when you are sadly put out to pasture. If she hasn't sorted herself out by then that's her look out. ;)

any need for that ?
I don't mean it in a bad way as such, just he doesn't seem to think about the future at all, only were his next pint and tab is coming from.

I certainly didn't mean he doesn't care for his kids - I'm sure he does, but I can't see him helping them financially.

Also I'm not sure financial stability should be the measure of how much you care for your children.
I didn't mean that at all.

Last edited:
I somehow don't think herbal is that forward thinking or selfless to consider what he may leave to his .
Both my parents are still around so there's a lump of inheritance there (assuming it doesn't all disappear into a care home). A lot of people my age have lost theirs and have already had the inheritance. The kids will be alright.

Reactions: WHD
Both my parents are still around so there's a lump of inheritance there (assuming it doesn't all disappear into a care home). A lot of people my age have lost theirs and have already had the inheritance. The kids will be alright.
As long as you don't run up another massive load of debt on the back of it when you've paid your current debts off!

Edit: Your kids will probably benefit from your inlaws inheritance you were banking on anyway, so get yours spent yourself.

Last edited:
Why would you be such a wanker as to do that and dig up old ground. Not everyone's money wise and even some that are just don't care anyway. You like to save money and be careful, good on you. Not everyone's like that and it's totally fine, just live your life man and stop nitpicking into other people's.
Lighten up Francis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back