Being Left Handed

My parents, brother and myself were/ are all right handed, but my brother and I married women who are left handed and my son married a left handed girl.

My wife’s hand writing is atrocious and she blames teachers at school who punished her for writing left handed and made her write with her right hand.

Bizarrely, when I used to live in London, there was a group of 6 of us, drinking pals, all were left handed.
On anther note, Ive recently been given a pair of left handed scissors, marvellous they are.
I'm left footed, left handed at tennis, squash etc but for cricket I bowl left handed and bat right handed. I also play golf right handed. Bit of a weirdo I'd say 😁

Last edited:
Been told I began using my left hand to write with but school taught/forced me to use my right hand. My left side is predominantly my strongest, kick a football with my left foot, punch and throw with my left. Use a hammer with my right hand but can use a screw driver with either hand. Tried learning to play a guitar but gave up because I kept picking it up to play left handed, just got too confusing. Played pool and darts left handed but cricket and golf right handed. I used to enjoy going fishing at one time, I had to set the rod so that I could cast out with my left and reel in with my right. Life can be so frustrating 🤔

Last edited:
I'm left handed. Scissors are a pain in the arse to use. My writing is shite too...

I was both footed when I played football, right handed for batting, left arm bowling for cricket. Could use either hand for tennis/racquet sports (but still shite). Southpaw when I boxed.

Creativity wise- I'm an engineer, about as creative as it gets for me.

I’m right handed but very left footed. I think using your left just stands out a bit more
As a cricket wicket keeper I used to hate people who batted one way and bowled the other. We had one each way in our regular team

I'm a lefty but carry things with my right hand and play golf righted handed. Every single birthday card I've written has been smudged, choosing a pen can be time consuming.

It's easier to use a screwdriver to unscrew a screw if you're left handed. Something to do with the muscle layout in the forearm ... which presumably means it's harder to screw a screw in you're left handed

I’m right handed but very left footed. I think using your left just stands out a bit more
As a cricket wicket keeper I used to hate people who batted one way and bowled the other. We had one each way in our regular team
Wasn't there a cricketer who used to swap batting side just as the bowler started his run up.

Bizarrely, when I used to live in London, there was a group of 6 of us, drinking pals, all were left handed.
On anther note, Ive recently been given a pair of left handed scissors, marvellous they are.
I'm left footed, left handed at tennis, squash etc but for cricket I bowl left handed and bat right handed. I also play golf right handed. Bit of a weirdo I'd say 😁

The dragon is left handed , the left handed scissor's she has are a pain the arse for me when I use them occasionally.

I'm a lefty, but in my day we were made to write with our right hands. I found it an almost impossible task, but rules is rules. The bonus is I can use tools with both hands...I can also bat with either hand.

Am I a genius? Yes, but nothing to do with being left handed.
I'm left handed and not all there, I can blame being left handed now.
I feel like I should give you a hug ❤️

Back