Being Left Handed

Afternoon all,

couple of comments the last couple of weeks from work mates and friends about me being left handed and my character.
Is it really a thing or is it a stereotype?

Lad today pointed out the few people he could think of (inc me) and used them as an example of how their brains are wired up differently, in a flawed genius type of way.

Has anyother left handed people had this type of conversation? does any of the right handed folk notice a pattern with left handed people ? What does the science say ?

I think there is a wiring issue.

Those I know have very neat hand writing. Presumably because they would smudge the ink as they wrote so took more time to perfect their technique when growing up.

They usually have poor/weak handshakes, probably as most are right handed, so are forced to shake with their right too.

Lefties are said to be clever folk anarl.

Afternoon all,

couple of comments the last couple of weeks from work mates and friends about me being left handed and my character.

Lad today pointed out the few people he could think of (inc me) and used them as an example of how their brains are wired up differently, in a flawed genius type of way.

Has anyother left handed people had this type of conversation? does any of the right handed folk notice a pattern with left handed people ? What does the science say ?
Left handed people are supposed to be more creative.

Afternoon all,

My dad is left handed and has mad views on life.

Those I know have very neat hand writing. Presumably because they would smudge the ink as they wrote so took more time to perfect their technique when growing up.

They usually have poor/weak handshakes, probably as most are right handed, so are forced to shake with their right too.

Broke my left collar bone twice as a kid so my right arm is my strongest.
When I used to do a lot of arm wrestling my right arm was the one I’d use.

Hendrix, Da Vinci, Hitler....

Left handed people almost write upside down to stop their hand smudging their ink as they move across the page.

We die earlier too because you rightie bastids make the world for right handed people.

Afternoon all,

I'm left handed and think we have very different characters marra although I would agree both our brains are wired up differently to the average bloke. :lol:

Afternoon all,

Sinister means left handed and historically left handed dominance has been linked to being evil. Victorians linked left hand dominance with criminal activity but that’s statistically not particularly accurate ( there are very slightly more left handed criminals proportionately but it’s about right in percentage terms). Left handers are much more likely to die traumatically though, four times more likely to be killed whilst driving and six times more likely to die in any accident.

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

I'm left handed ,play golf right handed though and cricket ,when I used to play like ,mates try to take the piss but we are a gifted breed 🤣

Back