Beer in the ground

Some cans of vauxies or some sort of deal with them to have draught would be a dream and surely easy to get going

Surely, it would be a canny risk for both parties? Vaux are a small brewery which would make it difficult for them to brew the volume needed.

I'm going to Munich for the Euros apparently nowhere near ground for beer so hopefully it's nice inside
Pmts of Paulaner in the ground normally for Bayern games. Decent price too if I remember rightly. You can order through their app and pick up.

Outside is a bit dead, there are some bars but some enterprising fellas have set up with multiple bottles of Augustiner Helles for a couple of Euro.

Tried to drink it, but waft of bum as soon as you get near it.
Might be the 'glasses' come to think of it. They are supposed to get put in special bins but end up in any bin. Maybe they're not getting cleaned enough?

This. I would spend £6-£7 on a good pint of crafty gear and £10 on some decent burger / chicken / street carry on.

Too much cleaning fluid left in the pipes.. that can have an arse waft. Slack, lazy beer management but my biggest surprise is that they bother at all !!!

This. I would spend £6-£7 on a good pint of crafty gear and £10 on some decent burger / chicken / street carry on.
Same here......have paid ridiculous prices for craft beer......and enjoyed it!
I would only have a couple of pints but that's a couple more than I have now.

That’ll could be the issue. Could say Vaux, come in on a one off basis to offer high volume sales for 2-3 hours but also keep the quality as it should be? I’d imagine it’d be a challenge to do, unless you go small pop up vans & stuff like that, but wouldn’t solve the problem of thousands wanting a pint at 3:45pm on a Saturday.

Unbelievably has got even worse. I've worked my way through every pint available and they all taste / smell of bum. Settled on a can of Guinness but having had to explain / show my server how to use the surge machine, it also tasted awful. Could it be out of date? is it those recycled placka pint pots?
BTW I later saw the same server put a cup of Bovril on the surge machine. :lol:
Said the same to our lass at the weekend, bloody hell your bum tastes like the pints in the ground.

I csnt remember the last time I had a decent pint at a stadium. Think we csn defo do better but it's a common issue

Pmts of Paulaner in the ground normally for Bayern games. Decent price too if I remember rightly. You can order through their app and pick up.

Outside is a bit dead, there are some bars but some enterprising fellas have set up with multiple bottles of Augustiner Helles for a couple of Euro.
It'll be a UEFA event though so it'll be whoever they've partnered with ( probably Heineken) and probably the weak stuff like at past Euros.

Edit. Just checked and Bitburger is the official beer partner. No idea what that's like.

Last edited:
Surely, it would be a canny risk for both parties? Vaux are a small brewery which would make it difficult for them to brew the volume needed.
Vaux have a core range, one of them could be tested in certain stands or a single stand see how the trial goes and if it's positive, a deal made and slowly roll out to more stands

Not saying exclusive rights to all drink served, just a single beer as an additional option, don't see a canny risk. They're already eyeing up significant capacity increases as it stands and I reckon the name alone would make it a seller

It'll be a UEFA event though so it'll be whoever they've partnered with ( probably Heineken) and probably the weak stuff like at past Euros.

Edit. Just checked and Bitburger is the official beer partner. No idea what that's like.
Not as good as Paulaner, better than Heineken. I've had worse beers in football grounds tbh.

Not as good as Paulaner, better than Heineken. I've had worse beers in football grounds tbh.
Wonder if it'll be weaker stuff. Sure the last few competitions they've only sold weaker stuff in the ground and at the fanzones. Not that it matters to me as I'm not going 😀

I don’t think the Samson is a bad pint, to be honest. Wouldn’t bother with anything else like.
I posted just the other day commenting on that while it’s still probably the best of a bad bunch, the quality of the Samson in the ground has noticeably nosedived imo recently. Was quite nice as far as stadium pints go when it first came in, so it’s not owt to do with the drink itself but more the way it’s being handled/stored I reckon.

Back