Beer in the ground

I take a bottle of coke pre mixed with some bourbon. Never been told I can't take it in. Also can drink it in my seat.

Southampton sold canned cider and just put it in a plastic cup. Jon done. Beer at any ground is shite and overpriced nowadays

Sigh. Well they could make a lot more.

They could serve people before and after the match. They could have an efficient system where pints are ready all the time
Do you go to football? It’s not pints being ready, it’s the amount of staff. And then to compound the issue, the staff are almost always just hired for the day.

I’ve tried everything, it’s all rank, the only thing that I can manage is the bottles of berry cider. I never touch the stuff anywhere else. Then it’s only before kickoff, I stopped bothering with the carry on at half time years ago.

I take a bottle of coke pre mixed with some bourbon. Never been told I can't take it in. Also can drink it in my seat.

Southampton sold canned cider and just put it in a plastic cup. Jon done. Beer at any ground is shite and overpriced nowadays
I take a flask of gin and a flask of tonic and I usually just take a swig out of one bottle then the other and swill it around in my mouth, I call it mouth tonic. Better than lining up in the bloody concourse for arse pints!

Went down on 39 mins on Saturday, couple minutes wait in the queue. (Central premier concourse) ordered two samson. They ran out and had to change the barrel!! Surely this could/should have been checked before the game?

Along with about 1 tv working , no hot water and no hand dryers….its a shambles up there.

Oh there was also a leak in the concourse roof. So they had a wheely bin catching the water 🤣🤣

Still taste of the line cleaner what hasn't been flushed out of the lines properly ? That's what it was about 10 year ago when Iast bought a pint in there 😂

SHARE TUESDAY'S BIG GAME WITH YOUR FELLOW FANS, BY JOINING US AT THE STADIUM OF LIGHT!
Date:

Tuesday 9 April

Time:
6pm doors open - 8pm kick-off

Quinn's Bar - Stadium of Light

Your £5 ticket:
Includes a free drink on entry & you'll be part of the live studio audience for Frank & Danny's SAFC live show.

Your £15 ticket:
As above but you don't have to drink the free drink included.

Pretty much the same as the cause/response to so many people being happy to put up with a shite team. Meh.
Not at all.
My point is that thousand are happy with shite lager and cold fries with congealed curry sauce.
None are happy with a shite team.

Last week went to order chips and a chicken burger to be told that they weren't ready yet...

Majority of the staff behind the kiosks dont seem to know where they are let alone how to serve food or drinks. Bloke next to me on sat ordered chips, she asked if he wanted curry and he said no just tomato sauce, to which the lass replied we dont do that. The bloke just pointed 30cm to his left at the sauces :lol:

Really could and should be offering decent services. Would like to see a few independent local businesses in some of them
That's exactly what they should do, allocate spaces for tender to food and drinks companies. What you get with one overall catering company running everything is an initial offer that's ridiculous, club accepts that bid. Then they cost-cut massively and get kids to serve slop. They make their money back within six months, the money they paid to be allowed to run the operation.

Ive tried it 3 times in the South Stand. Bummy every time.
Maybe its me?
Might be bummy because you’ll be standing face/arse height next to a kid on his mates shoulders singing Gary Rowell world while everybody hoys pints at him.

West Stand is canny.

To be honest, you’ve got to lower your expectations anywhere where there’s a big crowd. Any event in the likes of Newcastle City Hall, or NX where there’s a couple of thousand people, at an event that’s sporadic, you’ll always struggle to find anything like pub quality.

That said, the Samson in the West Stand has always been enjoyable enough to get a quick one in your face for 15mins at half time.

Back