Beer in the ground

I never drunk in a dozen or so years at Roker Park and have rarely drunk at the SoL apart from in the BCB. No bum taste in there.

I much preferred having a beer before and after in the town.

Unbelievably has got even worse. I've worked my way through every pint available and they all taste / smell of bum. Settled on a can of Guinness but having had to explain / show my server how to use the surge machine, it also tasted awful. Could it be out of date? is it those recycled placka pint pots?
BTW I later saw the same server put a cup of Bovril on the surge machine. :lol:
I just take my own in 🤷‍♂️

After many years of never eating or drinking pints in the ground, I’ve recently given it a go in the Prem Concourse.
Just the canned Guinness tho, it’s not a disaster.
The Korean Chicken is not bad and I’ve noticed a Bolognaise on offer too. Sadly both are served on top of fries, which are really for kids.
So, the conclusion I have arrived at is that many thousands of folk are quite happy with shite lager and fries with curry sauce, so it will not get any better.
Anyone with a desire for anything a little better should do their eating and drinking in town or at the sea front etc before the game.
Then there is one less thing to be disappointed/dissatisfied about 👍🏻

Tbf the whole experience of getting and drinking a pint at half time is horrific, and pre-match with a big crowd. Queue for ages, squashed in and shoved about all over the place...

Mags match my ten year old was genuinely frightened, was getting crushed until we managed to squash in to a little cubby hole.

Left mine on counter when I went to have a drink of water from the bog taps. Came back and lass had placed a cheese slice on the top of it . She said it was to keep the flies out.
all sorts wrong with this. lol
After many years of never eating or drinking pints in the ground, I’ve recently given it a go in the Prem Concourse.
Just the canned Guinness tho, it’s not a disaster.
The Korean Chicken is not bad and I’ve noticed a Bolognaise on offer too. Sadly both are served on top of fries, which are really for kids.
So, the conclusion I have arrived at is that many thousands of folk are quite happy with shite lager and fries with curry sauce, so it will not get any better.
Anyone with a desire for anything a little better should do their eating and drinking in town or at the sea front etc before the game.
Then there is one less thing to be disappointed/dissatisfied about 👍🏻
Pretty much the same as the cause/response to so many people being happy to put up with a shite team. Meh.

I’ve never understood how venues fuck this up so much. It’s a captive market, you can make a fortune. Just make the product decent and not hideously expensive and it’s a licence to print money
They make a fortune anyway. If you want a drink at HT you have to go down on 40 minutes at the latest

Unbelievably has got even worse. I've worked my way through every pint available and they all taste / smell of bum. Settled on a can of Guinness but having had to explain / show my server how to use the surge machine, it also tasted awful. Could it be out of date? is it those recycled placka pint pots?
Gave all the the good stuff to the mags

They make a fortune anyway. If you want a drink at HT you have to go down on 40 minutes at the latest
Depends where you are, we are in then south stand family bit and go down at the whistle and get served straight away, you have to go to the kiosks on the wall which no one else seems to bother with and then take the ticket to the counter

I can't remember the last time I had a decent pint at any football ground. Its always overpriced and crap.

I asked for a pint of John Smiths at the QPR game a few weeks back and got the reply ' I don't know him' (Seriously) 🤣

I was gob smacked. i then repeated myself and the lass looked at me like I was a ghost, i then had to point to the beer pump

honestly you couldn't make it up.

Back