Poetic Licence - marquee
Grannie Annie’s- balcony
Queen Vic - car park converted into a beer garden
The Harbour View - tables outside
The Wolsey - beer garden
The Albion - beer garden
The Avenue - beer garden

I’m going to SR6

surely a lot of these places, and other places in general, will have to find the balance between how many people they can cater for, and whether its worth opening for such a small amount? grannie annies little balconies are great, but sure you could only have a maximum of 10 people on there, wouldnt be worth opening for that, even though it would be great for the 10 people there

also, i've been wondering where the line is drawn between 'outside' and being in a marquee or under a gazebo, in a walled off garden, with tables and heaters and full of people, making it practically 'inside'

the ivy house built a decent size marquee out the back last summer

the kings arms and museum vaults have tiny beer gardens so can't see them being able to open and serve enough people to make it worthwhile. or is there some kind of support they can get to open up with limited capacity?

South facing as well. Would be tremendous in the summer evenings.

May as well. Land is not doing owt.

totally agree. if they could somehow link up with vesta tilleys to service it, it could be class. put a stage up and a big screen, it'd be a great place. but i'm not sure how they'd be fixed for doing table service having to walk across a road with the drinks. and the first bit of rain or wind and it would be deserted, so they'd need gazebos and shit which costs money. and i'm sure the council would find a tiny excuse for not allowing it

totally agree. if they could somehow link up with vesta tilleys to service it, it could be class. put a stage up and a big screen, it'd be a great place. but i'm not sure how they'd be fixed for doing table service having to walk across a road with the drinks. and the first bit of rain or wind and it would be deserted, so they'd need gazebos and shit which costs money. and i'm sure the council would find a tiny excuse for not allowing it
The only way to avoid the road would be to set up a temp bar on the land, close the road temporarily or put a pelican crossing in.

The Barnes and the Rosedene, made no effort last year after the first lockdown to have decent seating outside, they both could have made a killing. They are both living off past glories, the Barnes only interested in selling shit food, and the rosedene needed a makeover 10 years ago, the front entrance stinks of piss when you walk in and the carpets in the main bar are thread bare.
I seem to remember that the Rosedene was due a make-over and re-launch last March but obvs that got delayed.

Great idea that.. Gatsby's is just a fence that can be moved anyway isn't it.

The council will spoil it...
you get the feeling there wont be much appetite for it by the council and the pubs, given that its only 5 weeks prior to us all being allowed inside, and that there is no guarantee that april weather will suit drinking out in the open.

unless they do something semi-permanent that can stop up all summer, with the big screen for the euros and that.

Really can’t see that many opening in April. Can’t see it being very cost effective as there isn’t many with big enough outside space. Can see most just waiting until the rule of 6 indoors comes in.

the best one in town is outside the old fire station. Although that didn’t even open at all last summer.

There's loads of land to the side of it. I'm surprised they haven't looked into buying it. They must be kicking the car wash lads out of the carpark.
I can’t be arsed until it’s allowed to go inside and there’s plenty of capacity.
I said the same last time and ended up out every weekend when they re-opened. I knocked it on the head again after August bank holiday weekend like so didn't experience the having to go for a piss with a mask on.

Last edited:
There's loads of land to the side of it. I'm surprised they haven't looked into buying it. They must be kicking the car wash lads out of the carpark.

I said the same last time and ended up out every weekend when they re-opened. I knocked it on the head again after August bank holiday weekend like so didn't experience the having to go for a piss with a mask on.
Don’t mess with the Albanians

Back