Beer gardens in the town?

People said this last time but nothing happened. It's table service and small groups, not exactly conducive to people going to their ends.
I hope that's the case. I thought it was meant to be a free for all from the 21st(?) though?

Must admit I've barely looked at the roadmap or owt. I've switched off from it all - lockdown fatigue. Get everyone vaxed and just take each new day as it comes.

People said this last time but nothing happened. It's table service and small groups, not exactly conducive to people going to their ends.

It's the same every time theres an England world cup game on a weekend or black Friday - 'i'm avoiding it as it will be carnage/full of disk heads' when in reality, if you just go to the pubs you normally drink in, it will be full of the people that normally drink there.

And so what if everyone is in good spirits and having a good old drink, that's the point.

It's the same every time theres an England world cup game on a weekend or black Friday - 'i'm avoiding it as it will be carnage/full of disk heads' when in reality, if you just go to the pubs you normally drink in, it will be full of the people that normally drink there.

And so what if everyone is in good spirits and having a good old drink, that's the point.
Would agree. Never seen trouble. Usually people just having a good time.

Peacock could use the former Leisure centre site to set up a few chairs and bottle bars.
That field would be ideal for a " how much a pint ? " scrap with vesta Tilley mob
Victoria Gardens could be a good spot .Good layout .Suntrap on nice days

Last edited:
Couple at top of green tce all have outdoor areas , Deptford another option .
Always thought Rosedene and Barnes missing a trick not having beer gardens
The Barnes should just have parking round the back and get a load of tables out front. Then again, some half decent beers may help as well.
SR6:

The Stack
Fat Buddha - tables outside
The Promenade-tables outside
Poetic Licence - marquee
Grannie Annie’s- balcony
Queen Vic - car park converted into a beer garden
The Harbour View - tables outside
The Wolsey - beer garden
The Albion - beer garden
The Avenue - beer garden

I’m going to SR6
I'd hardly say the Wolsey has a beer garden. Unless your garden is a concrete triangle the size of Cliff Thorburns snooker table.

Last edited:
The Barnes should just have parking round the back and get a load of tables out front. Then again, some half decent beers may help as well.

I'd hardly say the Wolsey has a beer garden. Unless your garden is a concrete triangle the size of Cliff Thorburns snooker table.
Probably fit over 100 people in that beer garden.
Not exactly a match box

Back